X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new MSUV question

I just bought a new MSUV along with a 12" slider. The knob that you pull in and out to bring the legs up or down on the one side is very stiff. I have to pound it to get it in and really struggle to get it out. I assume it should be stiff to help keep it locked in place but this seems excessive. Is this normal?

The legs Im referring to are middle left below.

Re: new MSUV question

Sorry for the obvious answer but try putting a little light duty oil on the pin. I have the older style MSUV and don't have this problem at all. Yours is the first I've heard of this problem so I doubt if its a common issue.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Sorry for the obvious answer but try putting a little light duty oil on the pin. I have the older style MSUV and don't have this problem at all. Yours is the first I've heard of this problem so I doubt if its a common issue.
      Thanks for the info - ill give that a try but its very tight and I dont think oil will make much difference. I think Ill probably drill the hole out a bit as that seems easier then exchanging it and putting another one together

Comment

It definitely shouldnt have any "binding". I have the current MSUV and the knobs slide great.

Comment

Originally posted by scoop333 View Post
          Thanks for the info - ill give that a try but its very tight and I dont think oil will make much difference. I think Ill probably drill the hole out a bit as that seems easier then exchanging it and putting another one together
          If you have to put that much effort to move the knob, it is possible that either the rod is bent, not centered in the hole or the leg assembly needs adjustment. IMO I would not enlarge the hole excessively and would return it for another

Comment

Actually I have a question: are you lifting up slightly on the legs before pulling the pin? If gravity is forcing the legs downward, and you try and pull the pin the pin might get "stuck" because of the legs pushing down. Try lifting slightly upward on the legs and pulling the pin.

Im guessing thats not the problem judging from the force you mention was necessary, but figured Id just throw it out there.

Comment

I took a closer look at it last night. the problem is the arm that is bolted to it (the handle for the hand truck part) sits down a touch which prevents the pin from lining up with the hole. To get the pin in the hold I basically have to angle it up and then jam it in. Not sure why it is doing this though. Obvious fix would be to add a couple extra washers between the arm and the frame to bump it up that extra 1/8" I need.

Comment

Working...
              X