Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

I was at HD today, and they have the Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw (MS1290LZA) on sale for $399 (regular $799).

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/MS1290LZ...w/EN/index.htm

Currently I have a Craftsman miter saw (non-sliding), and I’m trying to decide if I should jump on this deal – $400 seems like a pretty good savings.

Does anyone know if this is an old model and is being replaced with a newer version?

Any input appreciated, thanks.

Re: 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

So I was just looking this up on the HD website, and it shows the regular price as $599?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

Still seems like a pretty good deal, but does anyone know what the regular price actually is?

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak View Post
      so i was just looking this up on the hd website, and it shows the regular price as $599?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=p_partnumber

still seems like a pretty good deal, but does anyone know what the regular price actually is?
      $599 us

Comment

i just bought mine last night in il for 541.00 . it included the miter saw utility vehicle for free .

Comment

It is regular price 649.00 CDN at my local HD. Currently on sale for 599.00 if that helps you make a decision.

Sell your Craftsman and that sweetens the price even more.

RC
          Last edited by RapidCut; 11-18-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I also have that same saw and after a number of cuts the plastic blade guard will inhibit cutting of wood....does not retract enough to allow cutting of material....so far ridgid has chosen not to come up with a solution...they sent me a reply and I could not access the solution and I advised them of this....nothing so far....I would highly recommend not buying this saw.

Comment

A long time ago, even longer ago than the start date of this thread, I had that same problem with the guard on my miter saw. It happened to me after I had changed out the OEM blade for a better one. Long story short.......I didn't reassemble the blade guard correctly. frank6123, I suggest you consult your Owners Manual and double check to make sure the guard assembly is mounted correctly.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
              X