Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

I was at HD today, and they have the Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw (MS1290LZA) on sale for $399 (regular $799).

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/MS1290LZ...w/EN/index.htm

Currently I have a Craftsman miter saw (non-sliding), and I’m trying to decide if I should jump on this deal – $400 seems like a pretty good savings.

Does anyone know if this is an old model and is being replaced with a newer version?

Any input appreciated, thanks.

Re: 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Good Deal?

So I was just looking this up on the HD website, and it shows the regular price as $599?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

Still seems like a pretty good deal, but does anyone know what the regular price actually is?

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak View Post
      so i was just looking this up on the hd website, and it shows the regular price as $599?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=p_partnumber

still seems like a pretty good deal, but does anyone know what the regular price actually is?
      $599 us

Comment

i just bought mine last night in il for 541.00 . it included the miter saw utility vehicle for free .

Comment

It is regular price 649.00 CDN at my local HD. Currently on sale for 599.00 if that helps you make a decision.

Sell your Craftsman and that sweetens the price even more.

RC
          Last edited by RapidCut; 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I also have that same saw and after a number of cuts the plastic blade guard will inhibit cutting of wood....does not retract enough to allow cutting of material....so far ridgid has chosen not to come up with a solution...they sent me a reply and I could not access the solution and I advised them of this....nothing so far....I would highly recommend not buying this saw.

Comment

A long time ago, even longer ago than the start date of this thread, I had that same problem with the guard on my miter saw. It happened to me after I had changed out the OEM blade for a better one. Long story short.......I didn't reassemble the blade guard correctly. frank6123, I suggest you consult your Owners Manual and double check to make sure the guard assembly is mounted correctly.
              ================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
              X