X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud Router with Bosch Table?

I know this is a Ridgid forum, but does anyone have experience with the Freud FT1700 routers? Home Depot has the kit with both the plunge and the fixed base for only $99. I plan on using this router almost exclusively in a table. However, the table I plan on buying is the Bosch RA1181. The manual doesn't list this Freud router as being compatible. However, I know that the Ridgid router fits this table and it isn't on the approved list either. Does anyone know if the Freud router will fit the Bosch table? I would just avoid the headache and get a different brand of router, but this price seems too good to pass up for what you get.

Re: Freud Router with Bosch Table?

Well if the router is anything like there accessories, then it should be a pretty good router. That being said, $99... you get what you pay for. I doubt Freud makes the router.

Home Depot stopped carrying the Porter Cable router bits, and started carrying the Freud bits. I think the routers came in at the same time as the bits, as a promotional deal??

There are a lot of holes on the bosch table, you have a pretty good chance it will fit. If not, just drill new holes in the plate....or you could just build your own table.

Comment

Yeah, I wondered a little about the $99, but everywhere else it is listed for a lot more. Some sites have it at $250, others just under $200. I'm not sure why some places are able to list it so cheap. It has fairly good reviews.

Comment

The story I heard about this router combo deal, from a friend of a friend as told to his second cousin, is that Freud is getting out of the mid-level router business. Supposedly there is just way too much competition for that market to make it profitable so they are blowing out their inventories of this router combo. HD is just the last to offer this $99 deal. Lowes had for a bit and may still offer it at that price and Heavy Duty Tools even had it for $89. A few other places had it for $120-$129.

I think you'll find the reviews are pretty favorable. The only real gripe I've seen about it is the plunge base isn't as smooth as some others and a few have said they don't like the switch.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X