where can i find johnson paste wax for TS3660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where can i find johnson paste wax for TS3660

I find Johnson's at my grocery store, too. It's where they keep the house cleaning stuff. You could probably also use Denatured Alcohol to remove the car wax. It's not quite so volatile as naptha.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

If you Ace Hardware stores or True Value they will carry Johnsons.

Comment

I found the Johnson Paste wax at Home Depot in the cleaning aisle.

I was going to use WD-40 and scotch brite pad to remove turtle wax, but started thinking that, won't the johnson paste wax on top of the turtle wax cover it up?

I am also not going to be doing any projects that the wood will be stained for awhile. The silicon won't affect paint finishes will it?

thanks for all the responses and help

Comment

Bought mine from Ace.

Comment

Originally posted by derekparker View Post
            I found the Johnson Paste wax at Home Depot in the cleaning aisle.

I was going to use WD-40 and scotch brite pad to remove turtle wax, but started thinking that, won't the johnson paste wax on top of the turtle wax cover it up?

I am also not going to be doing any projects that the wood will be stained for awhile. The silicon won't affect paint finishes will it?

thanks for all the responses and help
            Take the silicone off first. The johnsons will not cover it nearly enough to be any protection. The silicone will definitely affect paint finishes. Go in any auto paint shop and ask them if they have silicone anywhere in there. It is not allowed ever. Being lazy now and leaving it on will definitely cause you problems down the road. Go to auto zone and buy a can of wax and grease remover and just wipe down everything that could have gotten the silicone wax on it and then re-wax it with johnsons.

Jeff

Comment

Even if you covered over it, as you use the saw and the johnsons wax wears away it will eventually reach the lower layer of silicone wax which will ruin your project down the road. The wax shouldn't be that hard to remove anyway. A few wipes with any of the recommended solutions should be easy enough.

Comment

thanks for all the help and not letting me get lazy.

I am new to woodworking so some of my questions might seem basic or bone headed.

thanks again everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X