Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid Cordless Nailer

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
    Anyone seen, or heard of this new tool? Looks pretty cool!

Ridgid R25AF18
    bought this today, bad as _ _ _ _!

Comment

what did it cost?

Comment

How much, and where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          is this flywheel or solenoid?

Comment

Pesciwasp it sounds like you are bragging and gloating about your new tool you found and got but no one else can seem to find. I hate it when one store carries something and another one doesn't. Why can't they all have set inventories so everyone is treated the same.

Nice tool. Your right it probably is B A.

Comment

$299 home depot, wasnt out in open i had to ask them to get it down off top of shelf. Havnt used it for real yet, not sure if its fly wheel or solenoid

Comment

what continues to amaze me is that you have what appears to be a real nifty tool that isn't even shown on ridgid's own website. any chance you can provide the 6 digit SKU# so i can check with a few of my HDs? unless you have that or the bar code, they can't find or confirm or discuss anything.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

$299 home depot, wasnt out in open i had to ask them to get it down off top of shelf. Havnt used it for real yet, not sure if its fly wheel or solenoid
                  Kinda like I found my X3 combo at christmas. I believe the link to the storey said it was flywheel. What's the dif?

Ok...is it BAD AS* or baaaaaaaad.

Comment

Is that a trim nailer or framing nailer?

Comment

15 gauge finish nailer using senco style slant track nails.

Comment

Previous link on this...

http://www.woodmagazine.com/dgroups/...StampAscending

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                          what continues to amaze me is that you have what appears to be a real nifty tool that isn't even shown on ridgid's own website. any chance you can provide the 6 digit SKU# so i can check with a few of my HDs? unless you have that or the bar code, they can't find or confirm or discuss anything.
                          code on rec is 648846054391, not sure what dif between fly wheel or solenoid, i agree ridgids web site is way behind on new tools. How can we spend money on stuff that has no re searchable specs or features?

Comment

I bought one today for $299. Looks great, comes with 1 battery, charger and bag. My only complaint so far is the front part that is orange that holds the nails is made out of plastic.

Last edited by RidgidMANJames; 06-18-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Just tried it for the first time.. and .... nothing? The battery is fine, works great in other tools. The lights on the nailer come on and the motor starts when you press it against something then it tries to fire but just barely does and it sounds very weak. It will shoot a nail about 1/2" deep? Very disappointing, I was so pumped about this as I have lost a lot of respect for Ridgid Tools as of lately, and was hoping this would prove me wrong but it didn't. I bought the only one they had at the Homo Depot, and am afraid of buying another dud. If they don't have another one to trade out right then I'm probably going to get my money back and stick with my dewalt nailer.

Comment

Interesting initial observations. One battery? Uhhg. Nice to have lighter batteries to use w other tools. If they thought we have enough batteries from other tools then they shouldn't have bothered with the charger either. Caramba. Foiled. Re the tool not working out of the box, could be a one time dud. But yes, it does seem to happen w Ridgid, as three products I have bought or tried so far had prob out of box - X3 kit- defective bat & wobbly chuck and shop vac- seal leak and tried 12 v drill kit - battery stuck in tool.
                                Last edited by Avanzi; 06-19-2009, 07:38 AM. Reason: I wanted to get it perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X