X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid Cordless Nailer

One battery is typical for cordless nail guns.

I find it amazing that other people on these forums have a history of problems with ridgid tools when I've never had one that didn't perform exactly as it should. This includes many cordless kits, routers, ts2400, ts3660, and sanders.

Comment

I bought the nailer today. I played around with it, and noticed a few things.

If the depth dial is set to 1 it will sink the nail about 25% of the nail length. I was using 4 stacks of 7/16" OSB. Using MDF the nailer dial set to 1 only put the nail in about 50% of the nail length. I am not really sure why Ridgid bothered with this particular depth style? On the depth dial, anything under setting 4, does not do a whole lot.

Aside from that, anything above the setting 4 seems to work fine. The gun can keep up when it's in bump fire mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
        is this flywheel or solenoid?
        What's the difference between the two? How do they operate and which design would be superior and why?
        Thanks for the info.........Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          What's the difference between the two? How do they operate and which design would be superior and why?
          Thanks for the info.........Ray
          I think he is refering to Solenoid as a Pneumatic style? The Flywheel version is what Ridgid chose, it is the same type as the Dewalt cordless versions. A flywheel spins then the piston is dropped into the wheel and that's the force that drives your nail.

Comment

Okay, so I had the chance to try one at the RoundUp, and then I went ahead and picked one up from HD on my way home, and I've had the chance to put one through the ringer. I'm actually on my 2nd one in less than a week. Here's the review:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...423#post252423

Not too happy. This will be getting returned, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the next one/version is better. For the cordless convenience for me, I wish this was right, but it's not accurate/consistent enough for me.

Frustrating, because this puppy had/has potential.

Comment

Working...
            X