X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid battery warantee?

I'm curious if the ridgid lifetime service agreement will replace batteries for cordless tools and if so how many.

Re: Ridgid battery warantee?

Originally posted by DavidS View Post
    I'm curious if the ridgid lifetime service agreement will replace batteries for cordless tools and if so how many.
    The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGID® Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGID®Brand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on RIDGID® Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the original owner. This Lifetime Service Agreement does not apply to other RIDGID® Brand products.

PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT AND ORIGINAL UPC CODE) WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING. REGISTER YOUR TOOLS THROUGH RIDGID.COM TO ACCEPT THE RIDGID® BRAND LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-To...y/EN/index.htm

Comment

So then it will replace batteries infinitely? Cause a guy that works at home depot told me that they only replace one and then you're on your own.
      Last edited by DavidS; 02-21-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

So then it will replace batteries infinitely? Cause a guy that works at home depot told me that they only replace one and then you're on your own.
        Rule #1. Never believe what 99.9% of HD employees say. They have absolutely no product knowledge whatsoever.

Rule #2. Always refer to Rule #1.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

be advised that only those batteries that are part of a combo kit or a tool kit are eligible for LSA registration. the individual batteries and chargers sold by HD are classified as accessories by ridgid and are not eligible for LSA registration.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

lol, okay so that guy at home depot was wrong then? Ridgid will replace batteries indefinitely if you register for the LSA?

Comment

lol, okay so that guy at home depot was wrong then? Ridgid will replace batteries indefinitely if you register for the LSA?
              Lifetime of the original owner - there is a finite period of time, but the guy at HD was wrong. Read the post from Reconx above and, do understand, it is Ridgid that will replace the batteries, not Home Depot. You do have some responsibility to get the batteries, but they'll do it.

Comment

ok, so if I buy a ridgid combo set and register for the lifetime service agreement, ridgid will replace my worn batteries the rest of my life?

Comment

ok, so if I buy a ridgid combo set and register for the lifetime service agreement, ridgid will replace my worn batteries the rest of my life?
                  Yepper!

Comment

Everyone sure about that?

Comment

Everyone sure about that?
                      David,

First off, welcome to the forum. Where, when you get a "Yeppers" you can take it to the bank. In his post above, Reconx, posted the pertinent paragraph and also the link that details the Ridgid 90 day return policy, 3 year warranty and the lifetime service agreement. It's not our statement, but the printed statement from Ridgid Power Tools regarding their tool protection policy. Again:

The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGID® Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGID®Brand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on RIDGID® Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the original owner. This Lifetime Service Agreement does not apply to other RIDGID® Brand products.

PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT AND ORIGINAL UPC CODE) WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING. REGISTER YOUR TOOLS THROUGH RIDGID.COM TO ACCEPT THE RIDGID® BRAND LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-To...y/EN/index.htm

Check it out for yourself.
                      Last edited by Spinalzo; 02-22-2009, 02:05 PM. Reason: correct grammar

Comment

Ok, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                          Yepper!

Pesciwasp,

Couldn't have convinced DavidS without it.

Spinalzo

Comment

Working...
                          X