X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 Table Saw Question

I have a TS2400 portable table saw - between 1 and 2 years old. The blade mechanism does not operate smoothly when raising and lowering the blade. It's not terrible, and certainly usable, but it's not nearly as smooth as on a new saw. I have blown out under the saw and in between the plastic gears that operate the mechanism with compressed air. I tried a little 3/1 oil on the threaded rod as well, but it hasn't helped as much as I would like. Are there any other lubrication points or perhaps replacement parts that would fix this?

- Jason

Re: TS2400 Table Saw Question

Mine is about same age as yours, and I had the same problem during the Fall of last year. The plastic gears finally striped/binded and I was unable to raise the blade.

I took it to the service ctr and they rapair/replace the broken parts -- free, of course. It is now working flawless.

You may want to take it to your local service ctr and have the check it out.

Good luck.

Comment

Mine is about 8 years old now. about once a year I have to clean out those gears under the table. Run them all the way one way and clean the teeth out with air and a soft brush, run them the other way and repeat cleaning. use a little bit of the white lithium grease on them. small pieces of sawdust can get stuck down in the teeth and damage the nylon gears.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

That 3in1 oil that you used will be nothing but a sawdust magnet. Almost any kind of a dry lube would be a better choice.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The large black gears are pretty clean - I blew them out with air. Are there any more internal gears? I tried to find an exploded drawing, but no luck. Sometimes when I turn the handle the movement is rough and the shaft does not turn smoothly.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
          X