• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet tile saw 2000l problem

hi got a problem with a tws2000l
    the power switch on off it is very hard to turn it on
    and after 3 days of use it is almost broken in half
    anybody have any idea why it is happening and haw to fix it
    (did get this saw as a gift no receipt = no warranty on parts )

Re: wet tile saw 2000l problem

I'd say take the tile saw into a service center and see if they will repair it under warranty. The tile saw is a relatively new item and has less than a three year release date. Also, common sense would tell me that this is not the type of item that one buys for another lightly and you are probably the original owner, either buying it for self or gift. But the fact that it is less than 3 years on the release date, type of tool, and type of problem will probably get you done.
    Last edited by Spinalzo; 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
      I'd say take the tile saw into a service center and see if they will repair it under warranty. The tile saw is a relatively new item and has less than a three year release date. Also, common sense would tell me that this is not the type of item that one buys for another lightly and you are probably the original owner, either buying it for self or gift. But the fact that it is less than 3 years on the release date, type of tool, and type of problem will probably get you done.
      thanx for replay i gues i will have to try that...
      but it was a gift and i did call ridgid costumer service but they said no recepit no warranty , so i don`t know if the service center will honor that repair under the warranty
      this is the first job i used this saw so it is almost brand new.
      best reg azja74

Comment

Originally posted by azja74 View Post
        thanx for replay i gues i will have to try that...
        but it was a gift and i did call ridgid costumer service but they said no recepit no warranty , so i don`t know if the service center will honor that repair under the warranty
        this is the first job i used this saw so it is almost brand new.
        best reg azja74
        We're talking about the power switch on a relatively new machine. You've got a good chance on this one. Now, if it was the motork or something major, you'd have a problem for sure. I suggest that you register the machine - even though the tile cutting saw has no lifetime warranty, I am sure that it has something of value to cover you. Good luck with it.

Comment

On the back part of the orange motor, under the serial number, there should be a four digit date code and a two digit month code. That can be used as the date of purchase. Call 866-974-3443 (Customer Service) and we will get it registered for you and send you the part under the warranty. You both are correct; we do not warranty things without a receipt, but because of the issue, we can cover this for you under the warranty using the above information as well as the serial number. Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
          X