Box Style Tile Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Style Tile Saw

I searched and found old information on tile saws.

I'm wanting to get a good saw, and will spend up to $200. I'm currently borrowing a saw from a friend and want my own. Finished some kitchen work, want to do whole bathroom surround, then floor, then kitchen floor, a couple of decorative outdoor tables for upcoming backyard scene.

Thanks a bunch. I've been looking at the HD Husky 7 In Wet Tile Saw with Laser. Can't find the make and model for sale of the Work Mate I'm borrowing. It has Ridgid and Husky color (Orange).
    Last edited by Carl762; 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM.

Re: Box Style Tile Saw

Carl,

I have the very same Husky 7 inch tile saw. I'll not mince words. The laser, fence, and blade guard are absolute garbage. Really, truly, dreadful. The laser is mounted on the blade guard, which is made of the kind of plastic your son's $24.99 remote control car is. Needless to say, it flexes with a deflection of about a half inch either side of true. Absolutely useless.

The fence is almost as bad. There's no method of ensuring it is parallel with the blade. It slides along with the smoothness of broken glass.

On the positive side, the diamond blade had no trouble cutting the porcelain tile I asked it to. It did make the job go much more quickly.

If your expectations are suitably low in the first place, it does the job. If you're looking for a quality tool, this is not it.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Just what I was needing. No, back to square one, won't touch that saw.

MK-170 MK Diamond looked good, but nope, found three reviews.

Hmmm, I do need some input.
      Last edited by Carl762; 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl762 View Post
        Thanks for your response. Just what I was needing. No, back to square one, won't touch that saw.

MK-170 MK Diamond looked good, but nope, found three reviews.

Hmmm, I do need some input.
        Many reviews I saw online swear by FELKER as one of the top three tile saws. Lowes has one in OH. I think its a couple hundred, but not listed online. TM-75 is model. Hate to tell you this but there is really no in between. A good saw is way more than $200, for all the work you want to do, spend more on better saw then sell it.

Comment

Dang, $309 and many complaints about it too. Well, I suppose there's a complaint about every item out there.

Hmmm.

Work Force makes tile saws that HD sells. I think it's the brand that I'm borrowing, and I like it just fine so far. Anybody?

I'm willing go up in price.
          Last edited by Carl762; 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

OK, willing to go up to $400, my whole Federal tax return.

Felker and MK are definitely on my list. Anybody else I should look at? I don't want cheap crap.

Comment

Working...
            X