New Ridgid tools at HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid tools at HD

FWIW, i have two ridgid (r9212 and 9213) 18v nicad combo kits and the r932 4pc 24v lithium ion kit. i'm gonna miss the 24v stuff a great deal. i thought it had a great blend of performance and usability, given it's lighter weight. keepin' an eye on the existing 3pc 24v kit in hopes of clearance pricing.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      FWIW, i have two ridgid (r9212 and 9213) 18v nicad combo kits and the r932 4pc 24v lithium ion kit. i'm gonna miss the 24v stuff a great deal. i thought it had a great blend of performance and usability, given it's lighter weight. keepin' an eye on the existing 3pc 24v kit in hopes of clearance pricing.
      I agree with you. I've been watching the pricing on the 3 piece also and the MaxSelect stuff to see if they get to a real clearance at some point. The 3 piece has been at the $299 for a long time and I'm seeing fewer of them on the shelves. Hope something happens soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
        I agree with you. I've been watching the pricing on the 3 piece also and the MaxSelect stuff to see if they get to a real clearance at some point. The 3 piece has been at the $299 for a long time and I'm seeing fewer of them on the shelves. Hope something happens soon.
        Best I could do was use a lowes 10% off coupon to get it down to $269.

Comment

The 5" blade that comes with the saw will be available. It is made by Freud and should get a spot in the blade run shortly. I like the saw. It is a great blade but the whole system is really cool. If you've cut fiber cement backer board or siding, you've seen the resulting dust cloud. By using the collection system, something like 95% of that is eliminated. If you cut the stuff in any kind of quantity, this is a must have. Also works on other hard materials, like marble, and the collection is even better there. Hope it does well.

Comment

i waited for the Max Select Circular saw and the jig saw to go on sale for a long time. Finally, I used a Lowe's 10% coupon and got them both for $75 a piece. Best I could come up with. I have watched the 3 piece for some time too thinking it was going to go on sale but not yet. I will still watch though. Seems like it could be a great deal at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
              Andrew,

Thank you for the thoughtful response. You are right. I asked for it.

The 24V system made sense to me when you added tools to a drill or combo kit (especially when the prices on those came down.) The starter kits did not sell a whole lot for the reasons you mention. Particularly, they were not easily found, or probably more so, the price was prohibitive.

The fact that we disappointed you to a large degree is not something I take lightly. To your comment about parent companies- While it is true that TTI manufactures a large portion of the power tools, it is Emerson that owns RIDGID, and we have a responsibilty to keep the brand's promise of premium products aimed at the demanding professional in good stead across the entire tool portfolio. I very much appreciate your thoughts on where we've missed the mark.

Thank you for your time in the market and on this forum.
              ProBrand-
              I'd like to chime in on this one as well. In my reflections from what you've said above and from owning a variety of Ridgid tools (24v 4 piece set included), is that my Ridgid cordless tools are not the "best of breed" tools out there. The various ToolsoftheTrade reviews seem to confirm this.

I was disappointed to hear that the 18v X3 circ saw still does not have a blade brake (Dewalt, Makita, Hitachi, and Milwaukees all do...). I'd have bought a new X3 set in a heartbeat if the new circ saw delivered on pro-level performance (plus brake).

I purchased Ridgid tools based on the premise that they were a premium brand.

Maxselect failed for me in the following areas:
              -variety of tools (I already had the circ, and recip saw... I wanted cordless tools that I didn't have already... for example a grinder)
              -the tools offered weren't innovative and weren't best of breed
              -weight, they were heavy and really needed the 24v battery

Comment

Well I just finished a big project two weeks early and as a reward my wife bought me the Fiber cement saw, I think she is trying to tell me something but I just can't put my finger on it . When I get around to laying down 2 thousand on siding I'll go ahead and post a thorough review of the tool.

Comment

I was putzing around with it in the store the motor is long, so it felt top heavy. THe one thing I like about my Dewalt 618 is it's nice and compact, so using the fixed base is short and sweet. Other than that, the Ridgid looked up to their normal high quality.
                  Builders South London

Comment

Paladin, Fair enough and I take the review to heart. I'll bring up the blade break again with the product managers. Thank you for the comments on Max Select.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                      Paladin, Fair enough and I take the review to heart. I'll bring up the blade break again with the product managers. Thank you for the comments on Max Select.
                      Probrand, since you are in an answering mood I wonder if you could explain something to me? I understand most if not all of the major cordless tool manufacturers offer "kits", this must be a good way to get an assortment of their tools out in circulation and also offer the consumer a cost savings. I can speak for myself and others who have posted similar requests for individual tools and accessories to replace broken or lost tools or simply to grow their tool collection, without having to buy Kits" repeatedly. I know Ridgid does not offer an angle grinder, kit or otherwise and I picked one up by Ryobi. My point /question is if there are consumers who want or need an individual tool, why lose a sale to Ryobi or anyother Brand when Ridgid could easily make the sale? Is individual packaging too cost prohibitive? Is there a problem with meeting demand or predicting demand? I'd really rather go to home depot and see Ridgid have a big display with all sorts of individual cordless tools, chargers and batteries, so Ryobi finally gets some tough competition. I've suggested and joked about Ridgid offering a 1/2" Heavy Duty Impact Wrench many times and truthfully I would gladly buy such a tool, but not if it was part of a Kit! Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

HI Probrand,

Is there an 18V update in the works for the right angle impact driver? Thanks.

Sergio

Comment

Originally posted by Avanzi View Post
                          HI Probrand,

Is there an 18V update in the works for the right angle impact driver? Thanks.

Sergio
                          Sergio, I don't know if you own the 12 volt model but it is great. My only complaint was the battery, but at the suggestion of someone on the Forum I invested in the 14.4 volt battery and now the tool is perfect. I can't imagine an 18volt model unless it was going to be used for drilling through studs? I just used mine the other day and if I'm not careful it either destroys the phillips bit or snaps the head right off the screw. Very handy tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            at the suggestion of someone on the Forum I invested in the 14.4 volt battery and now the tool is perfect.

Frank,
                            Is the 14.4 volt battery a perfect fit? Or does it overhang a bit, etc. If you could post a pic or link to that thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
                            Ern

Comment

Avanzi,

I've looked at that type of tool a number of times. Could make sense, but if you need one in the near future don't wait on us.

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
                                Frank,
                                Is the 14.4 volt battery a perfect fit? Or does it overhang a bit, etc. If you could post a pic or link to that thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
                                Ern
                                Does overhang a bit but locks in fine. Hope these help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X