X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid tools at HD

At my local HD today and saw a couple of new Ridgid tools. The collated screw guns, corded 99 bucks, 18v 179.00. 3 tool combo with the with the Auto drill, radio and cordless one handed recip saw which I think is a winner, cost of kit 249.00. Auto Shift drill is right next to it for 229.00.
    The recip. saw is like the Milwaukee 12 volt but its 18 volt and takes standard blades.
    Last edited by the_aerator; 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM.

Re: New Ridgid tools at HD

There is also a new compact 10" table saw.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      There is also a new compact 10" table saw.
      Picked both up today! Also saw way on top of aisle where they store all stuff, a combo 12 volt drill driver (the small one) and LED flashlight. I wish they packed the mini impact with the light instead.

Comment

Out of curiosity, why the mini impact? What would make that a more attractive combo? Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
          Out of curiosity, why the mini impact? What would make that a more attractive combo? Thanks much.
          Because "impacts" are useful tools. Add a 1/2" heavy duty 18volt impact wrench to cordless line and watch them take off!

Comment

I personally feel a combo with the impact would be more attactive.Over all I think most buyers would feel that the drill is a better choice.Alot of guys driving screws use cordless drills because it what they have always used.A cordless drill is certainly more versatile but the impact is second to none when it comes to driving mechanical fasteners.

Comment

I looked at the bench top 10 inch saw and thought the fence was to flimsy the ts2410 has the best fence on a portable table saw imo

Comment

The drill has been out a while, so some people already have it, now add mini impact and LED light combo and you have a set! So maybe there are both sets, one with light and impact, and light with drill. I personally would like two impacts over one of each, they drill great too!

Comment

I have the drill already. Now if I want the light and the impact I'm going to have to buy two more drills (both are only available in a drill combo kit) and I really don't need three of them

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                    I have the drill already. Now if I want the light and the impact I'm going to have to buy two more drills (both are only available in a drill combo kit) and I really don't need three of them
                    I've got one of those mini impact kits, found the only one on the shelf in one of my local stores. Love the thing. I've actually got an extra drill/driver now in an unopened box that I'm going to return. I wish I could just pick up the little light by itself somewhere. Can't even find the things on ebay yet though I'm addicted to flashlights....

Comment

Kits are nice but they really need to sell (at good prices) just bare tools as add-ons to kits people already own. They also should think about different kits that might need to be ordered in but are still readily available. I know this is daydreaming when it comes to Home Depot. They want the least number of items to stock that they can get away with. LAZY BUMS

Put simple we need a good big source for all Ridgid power tools that's seriously into tools and not a huge dumpy big box store.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboy1501 View Post
                        I've got one of those mini impact kits, found the only one on the shelf in one of my local stores. Love the thing. I've actually got an extra drill/driver now in an unopened box that I'm going to return. I wish I could just pick up the little light by itself somewhere. Can't even find the things on ebay yet though I'm addicted to flashlights....
                        If you are addicted to flashlights, you have to check out candlepower forums.com. Everything you could possibly want to discuss or know about flashlights incandescent or LED, batteries, chargers and all sorts of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          If you are addicted to flashlights, you have to check out candlepower forums.com. Everything you could possibly want to discuss or know about flashlights incandescent or LED, batteries, chargers and all sorts of stuff.
                          All that site does for me is makes me want to spend more money on stuff that I don't "need." Needs and wants are a different story all together though. Thankfully I'm single and don't have a wife to scream at me when I walk through the door with more junk. Girlfriend on the other hand...

Comment

I was at HD today and ran into a Ridgid rep. He had told me that the drill/driver that comes with the impact wrench combo is actually the old version and the new one is the one that's included with the light. The new drill/driver now offers two speeds and 240in of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
                              I was at HD today and ran into a Ridgid rep. He had told me that the drill/driver that comes with the impact wrench combo is actually the old version and the new one is the one that's included with the light. The new drill/driver now offers two speeds and 240in of torque.
                              Oh really now....

Edited to add: So I quickly grabbed one as I had an unopened box sitting in my car of one of the old single speed units which I was planning on keeping as an extra tool in the shop anyway. Now the single speed will be dumped down to whoever needs something to use as a backup. The little LED light is pretty damn bright. The two speed on the drill brings it right up to par with the Bosch PS-30 (which makes me very happy). I had no problems drilling a few holes into the side of my house to clamp down a few new pvc water lines. Made it surprisingly easy in fact. Also the included carrying case is a little more robust. I just wish Ridgid would announce some of these new tools or updates to older tools here or on the corporate website. Next thing you know the impact and drill kit will be including the two speed...
                              Last edited by Doughboy1501; 02-25-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X