Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 18v lithium combo

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: New 18v lithium combo

    Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    your exactly right, dewalt is a little better for one and a half times the price, its not worth it!
    The Ridgid Compact R86007 is $189, The Dewalt DC720 is $219. $30 more. Not 1 1/2 time more. The Dewalt 6pc DCk655X is $599, the Ridgid 5pc R963 kit is $499. Your paying $100 a tool. Tools to be pretty equal.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: New 18v lithium combo

      If anything, TTI is not dumping the big money into Ridgid. Their marketing angle especially since taking over Milwaukee has always been pretty clear to me - Ridgid fills the gap between Ryobi and Milwaukee as an in between brand. In other words you pay less, still get a pretty decent tool, but don't expect big things like new releases every quarter, a 50-tool line, or a service guy showing up at your door to repair them for you.

      They aren't going to duplicate what they are doing with M18 in Ridgid, except for a few select tools. There would be no point, and it would muddy the waters of their marketing too much.

      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Unfortunately. it appears to be the same old situation of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks. Ridgid once again introduces a combo kit of the same old tools (okay the recipro is one handed), they are not available individually and we still have not gotten a variety which competes with the other major brands. Ridgid has no interest or ability in selling the grinder/cutoff tool, heavy duty impact and all the other tools Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosh and others offer. I have a Rigid combo kit and I like it, drill, recipro saw, circular saw, 1/4 inch impact, all real nice tools. I'd like a broader selection without having to switch brands. Ridgid you trying to sell tools or waste time offering the same old boring kits with a take it or leave it attitude? Don't bother answering, the new "Kit" says it all.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: New 18v lithium combo

        Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
        The Ridgid Compact R86007 is $189, The Dewalt DC720 is $219. $30 more. Not 1 1/2 time more. The Dewalt 6pc DCk655X is $599, the Ridgid 5pc R963 kit is $499. Your paying $100 a tool. Tools to be pretty equal.
        Kanxrus,

        The difference being - lithium batteries with the Ridgid 5pc vs the NiCads in the DeWalt 6pc, with the tools being about, subjectively speaking, equal. Same can be said for the R86007 and the DC720. Both are good tools and I'm sure a buyer would be happy with either of them.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: New 18v lithium combo

          Originally posted by erngum View Post
          I just saw it today at HD, but I did not get a pic of it. It includes the newer compact drill, an impact driver and the one handed recip. saw. I could not find the price and there were no orange aprons around. It also has a new type of flash light. I've not checked the website for info yet.
          Ern
          Wait, You mean "Hell's Depot" actually hires employees? When you see one, let me know. For the longest I thought they were a myth.
          Last edited by tailgunner; 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: New 18v lithium combo

            Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
            This is a good point, however you don't mention battery cycle life? Every time I drop that battery on a charger, that's a cycle life. So over time the Dewalt is still more productive, and saves me money!?
            Well sort of but no. If you don't register your tools then I guess that would be the case but I really don't care how many cycles I put on my batteries seeing as I have free replacement for my life . Thats assuming you believe in the system, I do because I've used it. So I guess the Ridgid will be drilling holes without spending more money even after the Dewalts battery life is exhausted.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: New 18v lithium combo

              Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
              Well sort of but no. If you don't register your tools then I guess that would be the case but I really don't care how many cycles I put on my batteries seeing as I have free replacement for my life . Thats assuming you believe in the system, I do because I've used it. So I guess the Ridgid will be drilling holes without spending more money even after the Dewalts battery life is exhausted.
              I can tell you where my experience went south, and why I don't own a Ridgid cordless tool. I bought a kit a few years back, shortly there after the drill needed repair. It took nearly 5 weeks to get the thing repaired. Being someone who depends on a tool for income, I was not impressed. I've had several of my Dewalt tools repaired. The most time I've ever waited was 8 days. On average it's 3-4 days. I've never even read anyone on this site coming close to that kind of service from Ridgid. I use to get good service on my Milwaukee tools, but now they make you pay shipping to and from, to who know's where. It takes forever! TTI has taken a great American Brand and trashed it! As far as I'm concerned Dewalt is really the only company in America left making power tools. That might still means something to me. I understand that most of there tools are made in Mexico and China, but margin dollars come back here to the US.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: New 18v lithium combo

                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Unfortunately. it appears to be the same old situation of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks. Ridgid once again introduces a combo kit of the same old tools (okay the recipro is one handed), they are not available individually and we still have not gotten a variety which competes with the other major brands. Ridgid has no interest or ability in selling the grinder/cutoff tool, heavy duty impact and all the other tools Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosh and others offer. I have a Rigid combo kit and I like it, drill, recipro saw, circular saw, 1/4 inch impact, all real nice tools. I'd like a broader selection without having to switch brands. Ridgid you trying to sell tools or waste time offering the same old boring kits with a take it or leave it attitude? Don't bother answering, the new "Kit" says it all.
                I have to disagree with you about Ridgid. I love their products, I just wish they sold the items in the combo kit separately so that I could purchase all of them. I only need the one handed recip!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: New 18v lithium combo

                  Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Unfortunately. it appears to be the same old situation of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks. Ridgid once again introduces a combo kit of the same old tools (okay the recipro is one handed), they are not available individually and we still have not gotten a variety which competes with the other major brands. Ridgid has no interest or ability in selling the grinder/cutoff tool, heavy duty impact and all the other tools Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosh and others offer. I have a Rigid combo kit and I like it, drill, recipro saw, circular saw, 1/4 inch impact, all real nice tools. I'd like a broader selection without having to switch brands. Ridgid you trying to sell tools or waste time offering the same old boring kits with a take it or leave it attitude? Don't bother answering, the new "Kit" says it all.
                  Grrrrr. Go get 'em, Frankie!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: New 18v lithium combo

                    Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                    You are talking about the new R968. The Fuego kit. A cool assortment of compact but powerful tools. That one is $329.

                    The $249 is a March promotional kit which I believe has the Autoshift drill, one hand recip and compact radio.
                    checked many home depots,cant find the kit,do you know if it needs to be ordered thru hd?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: New 18v lithium combo

                      Just found one of these R968 kits (one handed saw, compact drill, compact impact driver and light) high up on the rack at Home Depot. They still have it online for $299, but I had a 10% off coupon so wanted to try to get it in the store. When i got to the checkout, it rang up at only $150. WOW!!!!!!!! Thats less than the drill alone. Everyone should take a look to see if your stores have any of these left ASAP.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: New 18v lithium combo

                        That's great news.
                        What is the date code on the product or on the box?

                        Originally posted by lightguy View Post
                        Just found one of these R968 kits (one handed saw, compact drill, compact impact driver and light) high up on the rack at Home Depot. They still have it online for $299, but I had a 10% off coupon so wanted to try to get it in the store. When i got to the checkout, it rang up at only $150. WOW!!!!!!!! Thats less than the drill alone. Everyone should take a look to see if your stores have any of these left ASAP.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: New 18v lithium combo

                          It's old. End of 2008 08 51

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X