Do I "NEED" a Bandsaw???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I "NEED" a Bandsaw???

You will be happy that you did. I was looking recently and honestly did not like the reviews that I found on the Ridgid BS (Sorry Ridgid)
    I was trolling CL and found a Zip Code Band Saw (Craftsman) Brand new in the box with the straps still on it. For half the price of the store!! This guy bought it left it in his shed and never bothered to open it. My gain I guess!
    Anyway, I went to Sears to check it out first because I'm not a huge fan of Craftsman WW tools (mechanic tools yes)
    I liked the solid construction and it had extra feature that others don't like roller bearings top and bottom, micro adjustments and a LARGE work surface to name a few. Others may cringe at the thought of a Craftsman, but I have been VERY happy with it. I would consider myself as a serious enthusiast.
    Good luck in your search.

Comment

I recently picked up a good used Ridgid bandsaw for $150. New they are around $400. I asked myself "Do I really need it?" I thoght about it for a week and went for it. I figured I could always sell it without a loss if I don't use it enough. Right now I'm having fun with it. It cuts lazer straight!

Comment

Yes, a band saw is a must if you do woodworking somewhat seriously. The rule in woodworking seems to be; If you cut large pieces you use small tools, if you cut small pieces you use big tools. A BS is just that. I use it to cut small pieces. I bought my over 20 years ago, it's a Delta and I paid $750 (in those days Chinese products were around). The advantages of these saws are they don't take much room and are fairly safe to use and are great to cut small pieces. Once you have one of those Idon't think you can make it withouth it.

Comment

Working...
        X