Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 2 Ridgid Kits

Hello All--

Brand new member, love the forum so far. I'm looking for a couple of Ridgid accessory sets/kits that Ridgid lists on their website, but not having much luck finding them on the web or at any area Home Depots. The last one I visited said they are only available online, but of course HD's site doesn't find them. Any suggestions on where I might find these? Thanks in advance!

AC96421 Ridgid 42 piece screwdriving kit
    AC98381 Ridgid 38 piece drilling/driving kit

Brian

Re: Looking For 2 Ridgid Kits

Brian,

Welcome to the forum. Great place, stick around and hope you enjoy the tremendous experience and willing help that is shared here.

Regarding your particular question, I haven't seen either of these in the two HD stores that I vist. Perhaps that's only because I'm not in the market for any more drivers or because these may be sold through professional plumbing/contractor suppliers (not Home Depot). Also, these particular products may be brand new and haven't made it to the stores yet; OR, as I suspect, they may have been holiday offerings, that are no longer available. I searched the website here, and I can't find any reference to them.

Last Christmas season (2007), many brand names introduced new tool combos, driver sets, and Ridgid even had a low-cost, small compressor. Most of these were hot items at the time, but within a few weeks most of them were gone, apparently because they were limited production items.

In the case of Ridgid's compressor, some were "cleared" for less that a $100. Much sought after, only a few or the members here were able to find them. Like you're doing now, I spent some time searching, to no avail.

Hopefully this isn't the case with the Ridgid accessory kits that you are seeking, but I haven't any positive answer beyong that, sorry.

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 03-01-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Brian.I got the Ridgid 38 pieces Kit in 02/10/2009 in one of the local HD in Palm Beach, Florida. There are five HD stores close to my house, and all of them have three or four kits at least. You have to look very carefully in the section of accessories for drills because the Ridgid’s kits are at the top shelve surround by many kits from DeWalt, Roby, and Milwaukee. It is difficult to see the Ridgid kit when there are forty or more packets/sets from other brands. You cannot trust in the HD’s website, most of the time the information is outdated, and the search engine of the database is very poor and inefficient.

Comment

Thanks CWSmith and Sunpalm. Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me, unless I want to fly to sunny Florida for some kits. I hate being so picky, but once I set my mind on something, it's over.

Sunpalm, do you remember how much your 38 pc set was?

Comment

Brian.
          The price of the 38 pieces kit is $29.97 plus tax. I will give all the necessary information about these two kits, and maybe you can get from Florida J
          38 pieces Kit. Model AC78381. Sku #: 4884605457. Price $29.97
          42 pieces Kit. Model AC96421. Sku #:4884605458. Price $19.99
          One of my local HD has 24 kits of Model AC78381, and 13 kits of Model AC96421 in stock. I counted for myself.
          If you are very interesting to get these two kits, go to your local HD Customer Service and with the following information they can get these items for you.
          CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE LAKEWORTH HOME DEPOT #6316
          PHONE: (561) 9642168
          5750 JOG ROD
          LAKE WORTH, FL 33467

Note.
          If you decide to go to your local HD Customer Service, be advised that HD of Palm Beach all are full young ladies without any knowledge and bad attitude; meaning, don’t expect cooperation. Ask for the manager.

Comment

I found them today on the side of an endcap next to the tool section. They looked like good quality. I have so many sets of drivers and bits that I don't need anymore. However, I did get a good deal on some bungee cords today. They were marked to down to $.01!!!! Hard to pass up that deal.

Comment

So I just bought my R963 18V Combo Kit and I REALLY want to get the AC98381 bit/quick release set. Only problem is my local HD store doesn't carry it. Has anyone been able to find these online anywhere? PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by briank@consolidated.net View Post
                Hello All--

Brand new member, love the forum so far. I'm looking for a couple of Ridgid accessory sets/kits that Ridgid lists on their website, but not having much luck finding them on the web or at any area Home Depots. The last one I visited said they are only available online, but of course HD's site doesn't find them. Any suggestions on where I might find these? Thanks in advance!

AC96421 Ridgid 42 piece screwdriving kit
                AC98381 Ridgid 38 piece drilling/driving kit

Brian
                Look here for Rigid kit's http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Coldfire-Bits/EN/index.htm
                I will also mention that DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Bosch market very similar high quality kits. I have used all of them, they have good stuff and they are usually available at HD and Lowe's

Comment

Working...
                X