Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410 Motor Burn Out

Hi folks

I have a TS2410. 3 years and 1 month after I bought it the motor fried (this was last fall). I took it to the local repair depot and they said the motor needed to be replaced. Can you not have it rewound or something? I'm not really excited about buying a new motor for $350 when the saw is on sale at HD right now for $450.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    ------------
    Mark

Re: TS2410 Motor Burn Out

Originally posted by MarkFromCanada View Post
    Hi folks

I have a TS2410. 3 years and 1 month after I bought it the motor fried (this was last fall). I took it to the local repair depot and they said the motor needed to be replaced. Can you not have it rewound or something? I'm not really excited about buying a new motor for $350 when the saw is on sale at HD right now for $450.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    You don't have the lifetime service agreement?

Comment

Re: TS2410 Motor Burn Out

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      You don't have the lifetime service agreement?
      Embarassingly, I don't know. I can't seem to find the original warranty agreement that came with the saw, but the information that I have found online since seems to indicate that the saw did not come with a lifetime warranty back then. I would be ecstatic if that wasn't the case.

Has Ridgid ALWAYS offered a lifetime service agreement? If so, does it apply to this saw for all repairs (specifically, the motor)?

Cheers
      ------------
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X