X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee V28 Volt LITHIUM-ION battery

I went to my local home depot today, and I saw a Milwaukee V28 Kit LITHIUM-ION batteries. (Milwaukee Electric Tool - 0928-23, V28 3-pack Cordless Combo Kits). I could not see the tools because there were only two boxes locked in the shelves. I would like to receive any input about these new tools from Milwaukee because I am planning to buy a new set. Appreciated in advance any information that could help me to make a decision. Thanks

Re: Milwaukee V28 Volt LITHIUM-ION battery

Try ebay for your kits they have a wider selection and the prices are lower with the warranty. A 3 piece kit at Home Depot or Grainger costs more than a 5 piece kit on ebay.

Comment

28v line is being discontinued. The batteries use cells that are unsuitable for power tool use. 2000 charge guarantee is a lie because only first 1000 is unconditional warranty, second 1000 is prorated. Tools are great but batteries are very bad.

Stay away from it.

Comment

Where did you hear this from? I thought a while ago they were going to introduce more V28 tools. That would be too bad for the user base out there, if they did that, rather than just redesigning the batteries.

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
        28v line is being discontinued. The batteries use cells that are unsuitable for power tool use. 2000 charge guarantee is a lie because only first 1000 is unconditional warranty, second 1000 is prorated. Tools are great but batteries are very bad.

Stay away from it.

Comment

You opened a can of worms now! Remember this is Ridgid forum.

I have the V28 kit and I like it. The circular saw and recep. are awesome. I find the drill ergonomics a bit awkward and don't care for the bag tool case.

I also got the vac for it. It is ok but nothing to write home about. I use it to clean the vehicles out.

If I could build my own tool kit it would likely have a few different tools from each company.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Today, I visited the HD, and the two kits were in the floor with a sign that said “clearance”. Price $599.99. I didn’t get the kit because I wanted to get some information before I made any decision. From all of your feed backs I decided to look for something else. Thank you so much to all of you for answering my question.

Comment

I've seen many rumors about tools and tool lines being discontinued on forums and they rarely end up being true.

Comment

There are some members on their way to a time out or a ban if they do not learn to interact with others. This is a warning so watch you attitudes. I will not take sides

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post

Stay away from it.
                  Can you provide a link or your source for your claim that the V28 line is going to be discontinued? Not calling you a liar, just wanting to see further confirmation.

Comment

Mark, I know you had to delete it but some of this childishness did make me laugh.

J.C.

Comment

Discontinuing an entire line of tools is an executive level decision. Benefit of the doubt, there have been leaks in the past, but normally this kind of information is kept under very tight wraps. So I seriously doubt the credibility of his statement. If they were axing V28 you wouldn't be hearing about it through one post by some anonymous guy on a forum.

And practically speaking it doesn't make sense, V28 has a very large user base, one of the largest tool selections of the high voltage market. If it were not doing well, they would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

Originally posted by thedcdude View Post
                      Can you provide a link or your source for your claim that the V28 line is going to be discontinued? Not calling you a liar, just wanting to see further confirmation.

Comment

I would have to check but I think if anything over the past 6 months Milwaukee has actually added a few new V28 and V18 tools. As of now their web site is down for update work.

Comment

This is interesting. TOOL KING shows many of the V28 series as being out of stock. They don't say "discontinued" so it might be they will get them in soon or maybe a new version is on the way. I really doubt the V28 line would be dropped as it has been very successful. They might be working on V28 type 2 tools and batteries. I would love to see them do a super charger for almost all of their different batteries.

http://tools.toolking.com/search?w=Milwaukee+V28

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Mark, I know you had to delete it but some of this childishness did make me laugh.

J.C.
                            Sorry , I meant it to be all in fun but all the anger from previous interactions took over. . I think that was the mood motion

Originally posted by sunpalm View Post
                            Today, I visited the HD, and the two kits were in the floor with a sign that said “clearance”. Price $599.99. I didn’t get the kit because I wanted to get some information before I made any decision. From all of your feed backs I decided to look for something else. Thank you so much to all of you for answering my question.
                            I have heard nothing but good things about the V28 line so don't count the tools out just because of one post unless you're saying that you're just not going to be buying from Home Depot, thats understandable. Refurbs might be a good option as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X