X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Vac question

I wanted to ask yall about the Ridgid vacs I have a 4.25/12gal wetdry vac and I either have the wrong filter or am I missing a part, The filter is in the vac,the nut that holds up the filter is there. but i think that this nut holds up a circular ring that holds the filter in place or do I just have the wrong filter for it. Thanks in advance, Joel

Re: Dumb Vac question

there should be a round plate that fits up against the filter itself anthen the nut goes on.

Comment

Yup ....... the bottom filter plate comes off.
      A filter plate does not come with the new filter.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Davet; 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Sometimes in removing and cleaning the filter, the filter plate falls off into the dust bin, leaving you with the open-ended filter. If you're not careful, you'll end up loosing the plate.

I noticed that my local Home Depot carries both filter plates and nuts in their Ridgid Vac accessories.

CWS

Comment

you could probably make one.

Vince

Comment

If your HOME DEPOT doesn't have it, check at SEARS as many CRAFTSMAN vacs use the same filter(s) as do RIDGID. As others have stated you want a replacement end plate and you may as well get the plastic nut too so you have a spare handy.

Comment

Working...
            X