X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact Driver Bits

At work today I had used my 18v Impact driver to drive about 300 4 in. Robertson head deck screws. In the process I destroyed about 6 #2 Rob hex bits. I was wondering if anyone knows of a brand of bits that are specifically designed for Impact use or atleast a brand that has proven to be sucessful for this use. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Re: Impact Driver Bits

Local HD stocks Dewalt/Milwaukee IMPACT-READY driver bits, nut drivers, 3/8" socket adapters and magnetic bit holders.

They are forged metal/special steel treatment designed for impact driver use.

Comment

Thanks recon Ill look into it hope they sell them in bulk packs nothing worse then being on the job and it blows apart and you dont have a reserve.

Comment

check out mcfeely's

www.mcfeely's.com

apex impact driver bits #hhs-0234 $3.05

cheap driver bits were never intended for the new impact drivers and
        easily get bunged up when the impact action kicks in.

I think if you Google apex driver bits you may find quantity discounts

Another reason for bunging up driver bits is not aligning the bit to screw to wood properly
        This is an easy occurrence, and cheap screws will destroy driver bits too.

Cactus Man

Comment

I got some of these Highpoint Driver Bits at Woodcraft and they have lasted longer than any others I've used in the past.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes Dewalt makes a whole line of impact ready bits and they wok. But I can't seem to find a regular straight blade tip int impact line? Any ideas

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X