Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why a Hilti?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Why a Hilti?

    Originally posted by workerbob View Post
    No hammers I have used last indefinitely, Hilti or otherwise. When you pay to get them serviced, yes they last longer.

    I have been using Makita's new HR4010c as my hammer recently. It outperforms the Hilti TE-76 that I have and has'nt had any problems so far. The Makita has a true anti vibration system and it drills through concrete faster than any other hammer I have owned.
    Those two drills you mentioned are not even in the same playing field, you can't possibly compare those two evenly. The Makita is a little rotary, with a 4 1/8" max core bit. The TE76 will spin a 6 inch core bit. Those two are not even remotely comparable. If you want to compare them, lets toss a 6 inch core bit in that little Makita that outperforms the TE76 and also one in a TE76 and see which one lasts longer. I can guarentee you that Makita will be smoking and junk long before the Hilti even breaks a sweat. As a matter of fact I can gaurentee you the Hilti will be needed to finish the job that the Makita couldn't.

    At least compare comparable drills. More like TE15 to that Makita or something similar.

    A HR 4010c outperforms a TE76? Not a chance

    Jeff

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Why a Hilti?

      Originally posted by piette View Post
      Those two drills you mentioned are not even in the same playing field, you can't possibly compare those two evenly. The Makita is a little rotary, with a 4 1/8" max core bit. The TE76 will spin a 6 inch core bit. Those two are not even remotely comparable. If you want to compare them, lets toss a 6 inch core bit in that little Makita that outperforms the TE76 and also one in a TE76 and see which one lasts longer. I can guarentee you that Makita will be smoking and junk long before the Hilti even breaks a sweat. As a matter of fact I can gaurentee you the Hilti will be needed to finish the job that the Makita couldn't.

      At least compare comparable drills. More like TE15 to that Makita or something similar.

      A HR4010c outperforms a TE76? Not a chanceJeff
      Piette have you used the Makita? I tried the Makita and the Hilti side by side. I enjoy how much less vibration the Makita feeds back to me when I use the hammer for extended periods of time. The Makita consistently drilled holes faster than the Hilti with a 1 1/2" bit. Outperforms on every size hole probably not. But the fact that it could even keep up with the Hilti and it had less vibration was a good reason for me to give it a try.

      I don't think your comparisons of using a bit that won't even fit would be a true test, do you? If you are using the maximum bit size in your hammer then you should re-evaluate what hammer you use for the job.


      I never said Hilti was a bad tool, but I do like to try new things. The top dog doesn't stay on top forever and if you don't look around you might miss the next best thing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Why a Hilti?

        Originally posted by workerbob View Post
        I don't think your comparisons of using a bit that won't even fit would be a true test, do you? If you are using the maximum bit size in your hammer then you should re-evaluate what hammer you use for the job.
        No less of a true test than you comparing a Hilti TE76 to a Makita that can't even handle the size bits the Hilti can.

        Jeff

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Why a Hilti?

          not that I want to tick off any hilti lovers but we all have different demands out of our tools. It's not really an insult to the hilti to say that a different tool satisfied specific demands better than the hilti did.

          If I plan on drilling a certain size hole repeatedly all day, I'd want the drill that excels at that size, not a different size.

          My 18V drill will outperform my 12V drill on just about any task, but I use my 12V much more than the larger one simply because it gets the job done just fine and will less fatigue for me.

          I promise......I'm not slighting my 18V.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Why a Hilti?

            Alright, well because of you jerks I'm the owner of a Hilti TE7-C as of today. Now if that 2 1/2" DCVA would show up, I'll have an excuse to use it!

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Why a Hilti?

              I bought myself a Hilti a few years back because I was doing a lot of drilling into poured concrete at work. At the time the only hammer drill we had there was a Millwaukee with a 1/2" chuck and it was taking it's toll on me even with small holes. I had gone to Home Depot just to take a look at what they had to offer and it just so happened that the Hilti rep was there, they were running some sort of promotion for Father's Day or somthing, I ended up ordering some special deal offer with a free set of the good hilti sds-plus bits paying almost the same as the comparable bosch. I have no complaints, for what I typically use it for drilling into concrete is like drilling into butter. That being said however we did finally get a rotary hammer at work and I don't use my personal hilti anymore. At work we got the Bosch and it does just as good a job. The bits definately make a difference, not just in speed but in accuracy of the hole size. The Hilti bits with their double cutting head are dead on. Soeone meantion seals and such, my Hilti seems to be immune to dust, sealed up tight. The Bosch while I've yet to have a problem (it's still relatively new and hasn't seen the nearly the use my Hilti has) does seem to have plenty of places for dust to collect.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Why a Hilti?

                Originally posted by rofl View Post
                not that I want to tick off any hilti lovers but we all have different demands out of our tools. It's not really an insult to the hilti to say that a different tool satisfied specific demands better than the hilti did.

                If I plan on drilling a certain size hole repeatedly all day, I'd want the drill that excels at that size, not a different size.

                My 18V drill will outperform my 12V drill on just about any task, but I use my 12V much more than the larger one simply because it gets the job done just fine and will less fatigue for me.

                I promise......I'm not slighting my 18V.
                I really like Hilti's, but I totally understand that a lesser tool will be sufficient for many tasks. I mentioned in an earlier post that there is also the intial cost to be considered and other factors such as theft. If you work in a high crime area and can get the job done with a tool costing one half to one third as much as a Hilti, then why risk the loss? Hilti has a very good reputation and a lot of happy, loyal customers, but that doesn't mean there isn't a market for less expensive tools or competition.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Why a Hilti?

                  Originally posted by Fireguy97 View Post
                  Hilti might not sell the most rotary hammers, but I could care less about that. I want a quality tool that will last. A tool that's not in the repair shop, is a tool that pays for itself.
                  The reason hilti does not sell as many hammer drills is because thier tools last a lifetime other companys sell more drills because thiers wear out before a hilti. i have a TE-5 TE-15 TE-72 Two TM-75s a canned foam gun and two other drills that I forget the model #s havent had a problem yet with any of them except one of my guys left a can of foam in the aplicator and i still havent got it working yet.
                  "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Why a Hilti?

                    I have worked for a new start up company. They started a residential tower with a selection of bosch drills. By the time we got to the 10th floor the bosch was replaced with hilti pinners as the bosch went into service. This is the reason Hilti has the proffesional market. I am looking at getting a big Roto for my little company I will probable by Makita do to the price point but I also no it does not have the same duty cycle a hilti can run continous for 8 hours straight without any effects. I tried this with a hitchi and boy did it get hot after 15 minutes.

                    One has to buy the tools for the job. Lighter use as in reno work any model heavy construction go hilti

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X