X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid bandsaw question

My bandsaw seems to be leaning or twisted. It really has always looked that way and works fine, it's just that I noticed this lately and it's bugging me. It's hard to see in the pics, but if you look closely the top half of the saw doesnt look inline with the rest.

Does anybodies else look this way?
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid bandsaw question

Originally posted by Joeslake View Post
    My bandsaw seems to be leaning or twisted. It really has always looked that way and works fine, it's just that I noticed this lately and it's bugging me. It's hard to see in the pics, but if you look closely the top half of the saw doesnt look inline with the rest.

Does anybodies else look this way?
    It looks like your whole base (stand) is off...
    Look at the bottom edge of picture 2... The top of the base doesn't line up with the bottom edge of the picture (assuming you held the camera fairly level)

Also is the floor level?

Is that a mobile base in picture 1?
    Are those leveling screws I see?
    Try adjusting the stand (using a level) with those...
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I have the same saw as yours. It apears that your saw is bolted down to a bent tabletop. Its faily thin sheetmetal. You might try unbolting the saw from the table and turn the table upside down and wack it with a rubber mallet, or a 2x4 block and a sledge hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
        It apears that your saw is bolted down to a bent tabletop. Its faily thin sheetmetal. You might try unbolting the saw from the table and turn the table upside down and wack it with a rubber mallet, or a 2x4 block and a sledge hammer.
        After the above wacking consider using 3/4" plywood across the tabletop and check the level of the base before remounting the saw

Comment

thanks, I will try that. I remember now seeing others with a thick ply underneath them.

The thing I can't tell with mine though, is that it almost looks like the top of the saw is leaning more than the bottom. I can't tell if it's an illusion or if it is acutally bent some.

Comment

This saw has had very light to almost no use, so the stand isn't bent from anytype of force put on it. I wonder if I just loosen the bolts and make sure it's squared up then retighten them maybe it would stop the lean.

I still can't get over the top half of the saw though. It just looks like it is leaning more than the bottom half. I'll have to try to get some better pics for you.

Comment

I just looked at mine and it appears to have a bit of a lean to it also, but not quite as much as yours. I'm not going to mess with it at this time. It works just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X