Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RD80763 3300 pressure washer

HI
    I found this forum yesterday after I brought the washer home, and it looks to be well conducted. I tried my washer out today for about 20min and it ran well. It is still cold weather in upstate NY so I will wait a month to put it to work. The manual says not to let it freeze. I have drained all the water out of the pump. My question is--- Is this tool that fragile ?

Thank You...
    Last edited by mburger; 03-14-2009, 04:25 PM.

Re: New RD80763 3300 pressure washer

Its the pump housing you have to worry about. As you may know Ice is bad when it comes to freezing and cracking of metallic parts. Copper, brass, steel, cast iron.

Any freezing in one of these units could damage the unit itself or could cause seals and gaskets to separate. Typically the manufactures recommend an antifreeze be put into the unit to prevent this from happening.

It should be in your owners manual about how to winterize your unit.

Comment

RV grade anti-freeze is OK, but IMO the best thing that can be used in a pressure washer pump is Pump Saver. It can go by many different names, but it is basically some type of mineral oil/anti-freeze that prevents any freezing inside the pump and it also lubricates the seals and moving parts and helps protect against mineral deposits. It can be found at Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Here are a few more things I have found useful for winterizing.... Right before using the Pump Saver pull the start cord a few times (not to start the engine, just to turn it over) and this will discharge any excess water in the pump. Do this after disconnecting the garden hose and high pressure hose. I also make sure to drain the wand as much as possible and then using an air compressor blow out any excess water trapped in the high pressure hose. I make sure it is disconnected from the wand and pump before doing so though. Later!

Comment

Thank You for the replies. They are very helpful.

mburger...

Comment

I was over at the local Home Depot looking at the new Ridgid pressure washer (3000 PSI) I was amazed at how low the price was. $399.00 here in BC (Canada). Seems to have a good warranty, but how do they stack up against the others such as Honda. The same Honda will be upwards to $1,000.00.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks,
          Barry M.

Comment

The Ridgid line of pressure washers seem to offer alot for the $$$. If I didn't already have what I bought 1 year ago I'd probably go for the largest Ridgid, 3800psi I think.

I know Honda seems to be the benchmark of what others are compared to, but they are certainly no better than the higher end B&S engines like the Vanguard, Kohler, etc. The Robin/Subaru engines on the Ridgids seem to get great reviews. Later!

Comment

Working...
            X