X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridig 10" portable table saw sadness

Just picked up the new 10" portable table saw yesterday. I can't believe Ridig doesn't make their own portable stand to accompony this saw - Dewalt and Bosch make thier own. Does anyone else have this saw, and what stand do you use for it? I have the traditional big horseys but I like to keep them up in the garage attack, I really like that compact style of the Dewalt, I just don't know if this saw will safelyfit it. Thanks.

Ryan

Re: Ridig 10" portable table saw sadness

Are you talking about the new benchtop table saw? Ridgid does have a stand with their jobsite portable table saw. If you're talking about the benchtop well........it's called a benchtop for a reason.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes I know what a benchtop is, thanks. I am talking about the compact portable table saw - Dewalt has the same thing and makes a compact/portable stand with it too. Where do I go about finding the stand you are talking about, I didn't see one sold by itself earlier - maybe I missed it. I am familiar with the bigger stand Ridgid makes but I have not seen it sold by itself anywhere.

Comment

I take you're talking about the R4516. You're absolutely correct, no stand for that saw appears to be available. Looking at that spec page, I wonder what they mean by the statement that appears right under the R4516? It could be just carnival barker talk but it would make me think twice about buying this saw.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes that is strange and I saw that after I already made the purchase. Either way the saw in itself is great. Dewalt has one just like it only they have a portable stand that sells as well. Although in reading customer reviews Dewalt didn't come out with the stand until after the saw was produced. I am just going to go ahead and buy the Bosch portable stand - business only lost to Ridig.

Comment

Sounds like the TS2410 would have better suited you.

Comment

Yeah I whent to H-D 3 weeks ago planning to buy the benchtop table saw and walked out with a TS2410 it also had 100$ off so it was a no brainer.

Just return the tabletop and buy the TS2410

Comment

Just a thought but would the newer MSUV fit this saw, there are holes on the feet that look like they could accept the bolts for the MSUV, you might want to check this out or just go for the TS2410.

Originally posted by Tucson View Post
                Yeah I whent to H-D 3 weeks ago planning to buy the benchtop table saw and walked out with a TS2410 it also had 100$ off so it was a no brainer.

Just return the tabletop and buy the TS2410
                Is this sale still going on? I haven't heard anything about a sale on the TS2410, info please!!!

Comment

I really have to fight not to post something sarcastic when I think someone has been silly.

Comment

Working...
                  X