X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw to fit 18V Li batteries

I just bought an 18V Li battery hammer drill and was wondering if there was a circular saw compatible with the same batteries.

Re: Saw to fit 18V Li batteries

Originally posted by Jayel View Post
    I just bought an 18V Li battery hammer drill and was wondering if there was a circular saw compatible with the same batteries.

If you are referring to Ridgid 18V batteries, Ridgid has two circular saws that are currently available
    • R885 18/24V MaxSelect circular saw
    • R8452 18V circular saw (kit only)
    FYI: MaxSelect performs best with 24V

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
      If you are referring to Ridgid 18V batteries, Ridgid has two circular saws that are currently available
      • R885 18/24V MaxSelect circular saw
      • R8452 18V circular saw (kit only)
      FYI: MaxSelect performs best with 24V
      Don't forget the R865 X3 saw currently only in the 5 piece X3 kit.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I got my MaxSelect on ebay for 40$

Comment

The local HD has the maxselect on sale for $89.

Comment

Thanks I live in Canada and HD no longer stocks the 8452 or R885. I'll look on Ebay

Comment

Max select circ saw is good on 24V, bad on 18v, runs way too slow in rpm under load, huge drop off in speed if you cut 2x's. That saw has low torque on 18v , gear reduction is different than the X3 which is setup to run on 18v. correctly. I would not buy a max select if you do not have 24V batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                Max select circ saw is good on 24V, bad on 18v, runs way too slow in rpm under load, huge drop off in speed if you cut 2x's. That saw has low torque on 18v , gear reduction is different than the X3 which is setup to run on 18v. correctly. I would not buy a max select if you do not have 24V batteries.
                I agree with Andrew on this one. Max Select circ saw is a good choice with the 24V batteries and takes a lot more patience with the 18V battery but it will work fine albeit at a reduced performance. As far as I know, there is no tool only circ saw being offered other than the Max Select. Probably find the 18v tool only stuff being offered on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                X