X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG=RIDGID or RIDGID=AEG?

Both AEG and RIDGID are owned by TTI, but TTI's site doesn't show RIDGID, only AEG. They're tools are the exact same, so why not market them under the same brand. Does any one now if the batteries are interchangeable between the two?

also found this on ebay, looks like AEG still gets the hard case for their tools, kind of a bummer for the ridgid folks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AEG-BKS-18-18VOLT-CIRCULAR-SAW-3AMP-LI-ION-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ300299844536QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item300299844536 &_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Re: AEG=RIDGID or RIDGID=AEG?

James,

Ridgid is NOT owned by TTI. Ridgid is owned by Emerson Electric and has licensed the Ridgid brand name to TTI for the manufacture of woodworking stationary and portable power tools. Ridgid (the Ridge Tool company, a subsidiary of Emerson Electric) also makes plumbing and electrical tools that have nothing to do with TTI. These are generally made here in the U.S. Same is true of the Ridgid shop vacs, which I believe are made by Emerson Electric. These are not manufactured or warranted by TTI either.

Also noted in a post somewhere else on the site recently was a statement that Ridgid was owned by Home Depot. Again, this is NOT true. The fact that both Home Depot and Ridgid use the color "orange" is strictly a coincidence. Home Depot does have an exclusive retail agreement for the Ridgid-brand and Ryobi-brand tools made by TTI. But Ridgid plumbing and electrical tools are not part of this agreement. Also, TTI-owned Milwaukie tools are not part of Home Depot's exclusive retail agreement either.

CWS

Comment

Re: AEG=RIDGID or RIDGID=AEG?

Ha! It is kinda funny to see a "Ridgid" tool in blue. I'd say yes. Nothing different in the charger and batteries from what I have in my kit except the North American orange colors.

Comment

Working...
      X