X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid bandsaw vibration

O.K. I've had my tools sitting for about 5 years now with very little use. I'm now prepping to get the shop fired back up.

My bandsaw has always vibrated some but I never thought much about it until I started reading these forums. Now that I'm running it, it has a very noticeable vibration. I'm learning so much about the tools here. I've read this is an issue with these saws, more so with the oragne ones. I would think this vibration would be considered alot though.

So,,, what do I do about this?

It has a tension release on it from Carter so the tires didn't have any pressure on them while it sat.

This is the grey, I guess emerson, model. I bought it about 8 years ago. It's has had very very little use.

thanks

Re: Ridgid bandsaw vibration

Not to be redundant, you may want to simply do a search on this site and read the various
    solutions to the challenge.

There is a lot of good advice here and often only lost in time.

Cactus Man

Comment

I am looking to get a bandsaw and the HD site has mixed reviews. Reviews here have been all negative. Am I to understand that the only thing that doesn't suck on this saw is the dust extraction (pun intended)? If these things go on some phenominal clearance when the new bandsaw magically and without notice appears, even if $100 off or more, should it still be avoided?

Comment

I would look elsewhere. I researched the heck out of my Ridgid TS before I purchased and the reviews were spot on. I can only trust that the mass of negative reviews on the BS are just as accurate, so I purchased another brand.
        That being said, do some research yourself (if not already) and do what feels right. Your gut feeling is your best guide. Or you may just end up beating yourself up over it...

Comment

Originally posted by ACP View Post
          I am looking to get a bandsaw and the HD site has mixed reviews. Reviews here have been all negative. Am I to understand that the only thing that doesn't suck on this saw is the dust extraction (pun intended)? If these things go on some phenominal clearance when the new bandsaw magically and without notice appears, even if $100 off or more, should it still be avoided?
          When you said "Reviews here have been all negative", you answered your own question. Of course, that is only my opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
          X