Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DeWalt Forum

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
    I've done way more than 10 2 9/16" holes in a PT 4X4 with my 36V DeWalt, that's not even a test for that drill.
    But that's not a 18 Volt toy right angle drill either.

You would just love drilling them using a big 3/4" capacity spade handle drill that doesn't even grunt drilling away.

Great buy if it's all true on a 3/4" spade handle drill. I'm tempted but something has me wondering about this.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Skil-corded-543-...3%3A1|294%3A50

Comment

If you took the drills I listed the Milwaukee 1680 Super Hawg would be the hands down winner for speed and raw power. The DeWalt DW124 is nicer on the user. I'm still waiting and hoping to see a real right angle drill come from METABO and a German made one at that. In addition a real USA made one from HILTI would be great.

YUKAMOS FOOKAMOS to the Chinese and semi Chinese crapo power tools.

Comment

I've done way more than 10 2 9/16" holes in a PT 4X4 with my 36V DeWalt, that's not even a test for that drill.
        I've done far worse to my 36v as a mixer. Also did the same to the BHP451 which melted its insides.

Comment

You're right, there really isn't a cordless drill out there, that can compete with these badas* super duty corded drills that you've been showing. The super hawg pretty is pretty much the standard in speed, that thing is just sick as they show in that video. If you want to do self feed holes all day, then those are the ticket.

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          But that's not a 18 Volt toy right angle drill either.

You would just love drilling them using a big 3/4" capacity spade handle drill that doesn't even grunt drilling away.

Great buy if it's all true on a 3/4" spade handle drill. I'm tempted but something has me wondering about this.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Skil-corded-543-...3%3A1|294%3A50

Comment

You set the bar with your mixer test. I haven't punished mine that bad yet. You have to give the Makita credit for holding out that long too. Were you able to fix it up after that?

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
            I've done far worse to my 36v as a mixer. Also did the same to the BHP451 which melted its insides.

Comment

Skeeter

Do you remember Ron R on the old Milwaukee forum telling about mud mixing with his little Milwaukee 0302
              and how everyone told him off? They told him to get and use a 1660 for such work.

Milwaukee 0302 - http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192159_192137

Milwaukee 1660 - http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192161_192137

The 0302 has loads of sprint power but it can't keep it up for more than a few seconds without
              a nice long cool down. I'll take an old trusty 0234 over a 0302 any day.

Comment

You set the bar with your mixer test. I haven't punished mine that bad yet. You have to give the Makita credit for holding out that long too. Were you able to fix it up after that?
                I bought a BHP454 to replace it but eventually did manage to get it fixed anyway. Cost about $33 in parts which wasn't that bad. The only thing is it still has a slight vibration that wasn't there before and has a slight drop in power compared to the 454. Maybe I'll try to figure it out later but it's backup drill now. Worst part was the chuck had to be replaced because the inside was ground up and wouldn't lock or release anymore. It was on so tight it had to be surgically removed in pieces with a grinder. Had to take the chuck spindle off the drill and lock it in a vice to break the chuck free.

Comment

I remember Ron R from the Milwaukee forum! I loved his no-BS way of putting things. That was a cool place and there were a lot of really knowledgeable people on there. I'm glad this forum is around because it seems to have collected a lot of the members from there.

Remember the big stink when they took that place down?

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                  Skeeter

Do you remember Ron R on the old Milwaukee forum telling about mud mixing with his little Milwaukee 0302
                  and how everyone told him off? They told him to get and use a 1660 for such work.

Milwaukee 0302 - http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192159_192137

Milwaukee 1660 - http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/..._192161_192137

The 0302 has loads of sprint power but it can't keep it up for more than a few seconds without
                  a nice long cool down. I'll take an old trusty 0234 over a 0302 any day.

Comment

I remember Ron R from the Milwaukee forum! I loved his no-BS way of putting things. That was a cool place and there were a lot of really knowledgeable people on there. I'm glad this forum is around because it seems to have collected a lot of the members from there.

Remember the big stink when they took that place down?
                    Do you mean when they (TTI Executives) showed Richard (Their Josh) the door? Oh I remember the big stick for sure. Everyone on the forum was ready for WAR that day. All of us should have taken up arms and _____ you know the rest.

The H D Club is still around but no more forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X