Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt Forum

For all the DeWalt fans here it is:

http://www.thepowertoolforum.com/

They do very very good break down of tools, not only DeWalt but also other brands as well. They break down all specs and actually show videos they have produced of demo test. Very cool stuff. It isn't actually ran by DeWalt but a customer.

Re: DeWalt Forum

I like this forum: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

That's great that they're getting more out of the 18V drills, these new designs are cool, but I don't know of any plumbers that would use one for a serious rough in job. Here's why:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...per%20Hawg.mpg

Sorry, how fast does that 18V do the hole again?

Now.... try and fit that T handle drill and bit in the kinds of the spaces you can with a RAD. Oh and the 18V can do a 4 5/8" too can it?

Comment

yOW! ... Now thats a drill!
        With that kind of power running at 1750 rpm. .. ouch!
        If that baby hits a snag it would knock you into tommorrow !

Comment

me 2 its my favorite. I always wondered when dewalt would follow.

Originally posted by tinmack View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
            That's great that they're getting more out of the 18V drills, these new designs are cool, but I don't know of any plumbers that would use one for a serious rough in job. Here's why:

Now.... try and fit that T handle drill and bit in the kinds of the spaces you can with a RAD. Oh and the 18V can do a 4 5/8" too can it?
            Well I think they are probably targeting many other users besides just plumbers. Not many cordless tools are designed for the sole purpose of drilling 2 9/16" holes. Also you don't drill those big of holes using those big of bits in 3rd gear. I don't think you will hit nails or knots when hammering or driving screws in 3rd gear at 1750rpm. When you down shift for using larger bits that need mroe torque I don't think you will have problems that you fear at the lower speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post

This new one from DeWalt uses some great new technology.
              http://www.dewalt.com/us/gtp/default.asp

It has a built in Gryoscope that prevents it from snapping your wrist. We have a local distributor that has stocked them and he showed us a demo a couple of months ago that was extremely impressive. We have been using the Hole Hawg for a while and will probably switch at some point just for the safety issue alone.

Comment

Task

Take a good 4 x 4 and drill 10) 2-9/16 holes through it.

Contenders: These must be true right angle heavy duty drills. No using a D handle drill with a right angle head on it. No little toys either

1. Any cordless right angle drill with the guts to attempt this

2. Milwaukee regular Hole Hawg drill #1675

3. Milwaukee Super Hawg #1680

4. DeWalt DW124

5. Makita models DA4031 and DA6300

6. Ridgid (discontinued it looks like) Heavy Duty right angle drill

7. Just for the heck of it a Harbor Freight "Chicago Electric" that's got nothing at all to do with Chicago, IL in the USA model 97622-2VGA

The question is will they actually drill all 10 holes and if yes, how long did it take. All of them will be equipped with a brand new 2-9/16" self feed bit of the same brand and catalog number. All corded drills will be run on 120 Volts 60 Hertz sine wave where the Voltage will be regulated to within 1% and frequency 1/4%. All cordless tools will be given a few battery charges and recharges to be sure they are at max capacity before testing.

Needless to say the serious corded R A D will get the job done. As for the others my bet is they fail.

Comment

The dewalt site is simply showing near maximum power and speed of one cordless 18v drill. I certainly hope no one would be stupid enough to drill 2 9/16" holes for an extended period of time with ANY cordless 18v drill. Unless you have money to burn!

Comment

Exactly, the stall safety point is moot nowadays with the anti-stall technologies they have.

Originally posted by lurch View Post
                    This new one from DeWalt uses some great new technology.
                    http://www.dewalt.com/us/gtp/default.asp

It has a built in Gryoscope that prevents it from snapping your wrist. We have a local distributor that has stocked them and he showed us a demo a couple of months ago that was extremely impressive. We have been using the Hole Hawg for a while and will probably switch at some point just for the safety issue alone.

Comment

Ah He!!.

Now someone is gonna' come around with all that Nano stuff again.

J.C.

Comment

It's no longer NANO... It's XRP lithium Ion.... LOL

Comment

I don't agree with none of this,

tear it down.

I wanna see who wins woussko's idea
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

http://thepowertoolforum.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

For now this is about as close as your going to get. It's not a 4x4, it's 2 2x4's stacked... so you lose a half inch. It proves that most 18v drills can at lease drill 10 holes through a 4x4. As far as time is concerned... I would'nt know.

Back to my previous statement, "anyone who drills 2 9/16" holes all day with a cordless 18v drill is stupid"

Comment

I've done way more than 10 2 9/16" holes in a PT 4X4 with my 36V DeWalt, that's not even a test for that drill.

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                              Task

Take a good 4 x 4 and drill 10) 2-9/16 holes through it.

Contenders: These must be true right angle heavy duty drills. No using a D handle drill with a right angle head on it. No little toys either

1. Any cordless right angle drill with the guts to attempt this

2. Milwaukee regular Hole Hawg drill #1675

3. Milwaukee Super Hawg #1680

4. DeWalt DW124

5. Makita models DA4031 and DA6300

6. Ridgid (discontinued it looks like) Heavy Duty right angle drill

7. Just for the heck of it a Harbor Freight "Chicago Electric" that's got nothing at all to do with Chicago, IL in the USA model 97622-2VGA

The question is will they actually drill all 10 holes and if yes, how long did it take. All of them will be equipped with a brand new 2-9/16" self feed bit of the same brand and catalog number. All corded drills will be run on 120 Volts 60 Hertz sine wave where the Voltage will be regulated to within 1% and frequency 1/4%. All cordless tools will be given a few battery charges and recharges to be sure they are at max capacity before testing.

Needless to say the serious corded R A D will get the job done. As for the others my bet is they fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X