Need a model # for an old Sears table saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a model # for an old Sears table saw

I have an old Sears table saw, but I can not determine the model number.

The numbers "9-12-69" and "159485" appear on the bottom side of the cast iron table top.

The number "152834" appears on the trunnion.

Can any one help determine the model number?

Re: Need a model # for an old Sears table saw

Not much to go on. Sears sold many model Table Saws in that era.
    Your best bet is probably to go to the Old Woodworking Machines
    website at www.owwm.com and search for your model there.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

They sold a lot of saws over the years, and many different model numbers. Most of the "full size" contractor saws of that era were made by Emerson and had numbers like 113.298###. If it's a contractor saw with an outboard motor, the model # may be on the motor plate.

Comment

Thanks for directing me to the motor where I found it to be a Sears Model #113.12201.

The Sears parts website has a 1hp motor with the model #113.12201. The parts diagram for the motor is dated August 1974. There is no reference to the tablesaw. Another deadend.

Comment

Thanks for directing me to the motor where I found Sears Model #113.12201.

The Sears parts website has a 1hp motor with the model #113.12201. The parts diagram is dated August 1974. There is no reference to the tablesaw. Another deadend.

Comment

Did you try www.OWWM.com?

http://www.owwm.com/mfgIndex/detail.aspx?id=222&tab=4

Above will take you to a list of table saws with thumbnails images. Pick your TS out from the list. Most list the model number of the saw which is different than the motor model number. The motors had application on many different tools so that's not a good choice for a model number unless you need a part for the motor.

Look at some of the photos and see where the model number is placed on them, maybe it will give you an idea of where you could find the model on yours if its still there.

How is the 9-12-69 written on the underside of the top? Is it stenciled in or stamped or printed? Either way you know that your TS could not have existed before that date. That part may have been used for 10 years or more before they revised it, but I would think that you could say your saw is probably in the 1969 to early 1975 range.

as an example here is a photo of a 1969 era TS shown on the site:

It's listed as a model 113.29940

Last edited by Bob D.; 03-19-2009, 09:35 PM.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X