X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v collated screwgun

Wondering if anybody has used this new screwgun (r8660) yet? I have thousands of sq. feet of sheetrock to hang in my new house and was looking at buying the simular (identical?) senco model. figured with the rigid I could at least use my existing batteries. mostly interested in battery life of this tool, as I dont want to be sitting around waiting for batteries to charge.

thanks

Re: 18v collated screwgun

Nate,

It's my understanding that TTI manufactured the Senco screw guns for Senco and they are now doing the same for Ridgid. The plateform has been thoroughly tested and doesn't appear to have any bugs. I have had the Senco for quite some time now and have had no problems with it whatsoever. In my opinion, it's a must if you are going to be doing any drywall installation, especially the overhead stuff as it gets a bunch of screws in quickly and saves the arms. I think you'll be happy with the Ridgid - wish they had been around a few years ago when I made my purchase as it would mean one less charger that I'd potentially have to carry. I've not really had a problem with carrying a charger because with 2 batteries (NiCad) in the Senco kit it more than lasts all day. Good luck with the purchase.

Comment

We have the Ridgid corded one and it works fantastic. My Dad didn't want to spring for the cordless one and we didn't have a whole lot of sheetrock to hang so we figured the corded one would be fine and it has.

Comment

thanks for your guys info on the screwgun

Comment

Working...
        X