X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wet Tile Saw WTS2000L

I bought a new Wet Tile Saw model WTS2000L. I have several sheets of tile I am needing to cut basic straight line and wanted it to look really good. It is Italian made Porcillin so nothing special. I have never used a wet tile saw before so it my be how I am using it I dont know. It cuts straight but the edge is chipping almost no matter what speed I push the tile threw. I have tried to push the tile threw fast to bog the motor down and slow like a snail and I always end up with small chips. Not much difference but the faster I push it threw may be little worse. I cant get the water pump to pull water either unless I start it out of the water then put it in the water. I have only cut 4 swipes of a 12 x 12 tile so it is not the water being dirty. Do I need to just buy a new blade and throw the one that came with it away? Hand book has nothing in it to help troubleshoot. A manual cutter does a better job just leaves sharp edges. Which is better then this $600 saw is doing. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: New Wet Tile Saw WTS2000L

I am not at all familiar with the saw but try cutting the opposite side of the tile.In other words if you have been cutting face up try cutting face down.

Comment

Thanks slink I have tried that and the tile is chipping on the top and bottom sides. When I turned it with the tile face down it was even worse. I think I will buy a new blade and see if that works if not will just go with a manual cutter and save myself $600 unless someone knows what the issue is.

Comment

If you replace the blade please do a follow up post.I never even knew ridgid made a wet saw its a nice looking saw too.

Comment

If you have to go with the snap cutter, get a tile sanding stone. It will soften the sharp edge nicely

Comment

On another forum discussion on the Ridgid Tile cutter they got better results after switching to a higher quality diamond blade and saved the original blade for rougher cuts.

Comment

I have owned the WTS2000L for over a year now and find that it does a quality job.

I wouldn't recommend pushing the tile through the saw fast, that typically results in a rough cut. Let the saw pull it through.

My preference for diamond blades is the RIGID OEM. After wearing through the original blade I decided to try an MK Diamond blade due to their background and price point. That was a mistake. I found that the MK Diamond blade was thinner than the RIGID OEM blade resulting in lower stiffness. The thinner blade would wobble and result in a poor quality cut. I took the MK Diamond blade back and went back to I knew what works, the OM RIGID blade.

Hope this helps. I have been very satisfied with the RIGID saw.

Chuck
              Help me make Wishes Come True!
              Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

Bought a new Ridgid Diamond blade and it is cutting lot better. The Tile I found out is a very hard ital tile and needed a different blade to cut threw it with little to no fragments. The orginal blade just could not handle the tile no matter what I did. I need to still contact Ridgid as the water pump went out after about 10min of running. I had a friend that had an etra pump so using it until I can contact Ridgid and see what they want to do about the water pump.

Been very happy with the saw after I got a blade that worked and a water pump.

Comment

Use a diamond blade is a better way. And this kind of saw blade also can marble a lot.
                  Another is ,can one cut be made by two time if really the good edges ? Because I think this sliding cuter maybe can adjsut the cutting depth.

Hope this can help!

Comment

I have foung the "HOT DOG" BLADE TO BE EXTREMLLY SHARP WITH A VERY SMALL KERF, KEEP IT DRESSED WITH A CODDLE STONE OR A SOFT RED BRICK SHOULD LEAVE CUT MARKS YOU CAN BARLEY SEE.
                    On another note, my saw cuts as straight as the day I bought it
                    well over a thousand cuts,

Comment

Aside from using a better quality blade how about trying this:

Instead of reusing the water..pumping dirty water back on tile with grit in it...
                      Simply place the pump into a 5 gallon bucket filled with clean water.
                      The tray will hold dirty water and you will only cut using clean water.

This will reduce blade wear and less chance of the grit in the dirty water
                      effecting the cut.

When the tray is full of dirty water simply drain it and be sure keep the 5 gallon bucket full
                      of clean water.

I used this method cutting granite and porcelain with the Husky [aka Home Depot] tile saw and yes I immediately replaced the stock blade with a good quality one.

Also adjust how fast you are pushing the tile through the blade. Too fast or too slow will cause strange things to happen. This is what separates the pro from the novice.
                      Simply get some scrap material and practice..you should quickly find the perfect speed.

Cactus Man

Comment

I bought the saw about 2 years ago and it worked fine with the original blade and then I shanged to a mk hotdog blade and still worked good. Recently the blade started to wobble when cutting and causing all kinds of problems. I tried three new blades with the same results. thinking a bearing or something went out on the saw. Haven't had any luck trying to find parts for this thing and still waiting for ridgid to get back to me. I read about others having the same problems. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and can get back to using the saw again.

Comment

Ponch my saw is doing the same thing and this is the first forum found tot try to find a fix for it....anyone have any clues???? I have used the saw for several jobs and really liked how it worked till the last couple of jobs...had to use an old 7inch cheap table top saw to get job done.

Comment

Where are you guys finding 10" diamond blades? I am looking for Masonry (pavers)... none at any HD store in my area...

Comment

Hello,

I purchased my last one at HD but have noticed that they no longer seem to stock them. Take a look at eBay, I noticed that they have some listed.

Chuck
                              Help me make Wishes Come True!
                              Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

Working...
                              X