X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New lithium ion battery problems

DRC, I assume that when you say "all chemistries", you mean all Li battery chemistries. If a NiCd lost 0.6 volts per cell, an 18 volt NiCd battery would lose 9 volts at -10 C; and be useless for anything (even a small light bulb).

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
      DRC, I assume that when you say "all chemistries", you mean all Li battery chemistries. If a NiCd lost 0.6 volts per cell, an 18 volt NiCd battery would lose 9 volts at -10 C; and be useless for anything (even a small light bulb).
      Correct, edited.

Comment

Roadrashray, yes they may work for you and it is a good idea, But if i had known i'd have to do this with a pro product i may not have bought the Li Batteries.
        I will argee with Piette though this does suck. And thats it. It straight up sucks it was about 35 inside the building i was working in today and i couldnt charge one of my batteris because it was to cold, that blew.

Tinmack do me a favor shut up till your out in the feild where the real workers use tools, Your job is in sales how so that tells me you were loafers all day long and talk on the phone to much to know how to use power tool. Just because you might know how to sell them doesnt mean your smart, that just means you got lucky

"As far as my needs, cordless has more pros than cons, and if that meant getting extra batts to avoid having to charge cold batteries during the day, then I would."

And as far as getting extra batteries they cost money and some of us who work for a living instead of sucking our boss off cant afford "extra batts"

Oh yeah, by the way, in the real world extra batteries are normally bought when you need to replace an old drill set with a new one but the batteries are still good on the old one.

Thanks Roadrashray ill have to try till ridgid comes up with something better. And since they dont want to speak up for themself or have the nuts to this will do. Thanks..

Comment

This thread went one post past a conversation. Yes, the industry knows the cold weather performance could be better. We are all looking into it. However, the overall benefits of Lithium Ion are many - lighter weight, fade free power, better for the environment. I'll make a point to bring up the topic at my next product review meeting. If I hear anything I can report, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Peteyp View Post
            Roadrashray, yes they may work for you and it is a good idea, But if i had known i'd have to do this with a pro product i may not have bought the Li Batteries.
            I will argee with Piette though this does suck. And thats it. It straight up sucks it was about 35 inside the building i was working in today and i couldnt charge one of my batteris because it was to cold, that blew.

Tinmack do me a favor shut up till your out in the feild where the real workers use tools, Your job is in sales how so that tells me you were loafers all day long and talk on the phone to much to know how to use power tool. Just because you might know how to sell them doesnt mean your smart, that just means you got lucky

"As far as my needs, cordless has more pros than cons, and if that meant getting extra batts to avoid having to charge cold batteries during the day, then I would."

And as far as getting extra batteries they cost money and some of us who work for a living instead of sucking our boss off cant afford "extra batts"

Oh yeah, by the way, in the real world extra batteries are normally bought when you need to replace an old drill set with a new one but the batteries are still good on the old one.

Thanks Roadrashray ill have to try till ridgid comes up with something better. And since they dont want to speak up for themself or have the nuts to this will do. Thanks..
            You better watch your mouth Petey, or I'm sure one of the moderators here might have the good sense to ban you.

I think your post is a little uncalled for. It might be that attitude that keeps you out in the cold to begin with.
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Everyone settle down. take a deep breath...

Yes LI doesnt do as well in Cold weather. NiCad performs poorly in hot weather... We need some new battery technology to come out that does it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Everyone settle down. take a deep breath...

Yes LI doesnt do as well in Cold weather. NiCad performs poorly in hot weather... We need some new battery technology to come out that does it all.
                Okay Josh, if you're telling us Ridgid is going to offer a new battery I have one question...Will I be able to charge nicads, and lithiums along with this new battery on ANY Ridgid charger?

Comment

Working...
                X