Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Right Angle Drill Hit me in the Face, And it Hurts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Right Angle Drill Hit me in the Face, And it Hurts!

Well, it didn't happen today, but it has in the past drilling 3-5/8" holes across a run of joists, with the whammie bar on and all.

Boss won't buy new bits; you'll obligate him to sit on the steps and smoke a half pack of camels while telling BS stories of "Back Then" when they'd cut the trees down in the back yard and made their own wood planks.

The newly sharpened bit was about good for 3 turns into the next hole because the sharpening wasn't effective, and now you're cussing and pushing and putting your body off level and off centered to the equipment you're using.

Ahh the good times. Now my right angle drill acts like a lump of coal in my truck most times, unused. I like it that way.

If you've ever had an instance where you've been hit in the face with a drill kicking back, or any tool for that matter, let it be known.

This is your healing thread.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: My Right Angle Drill Hit me in the Face, And it Hurts!

Been spun by a Hole Hawg. Only used it once. Timberwolf or the DeWalt copy for me. Most aggravating for me is I've had the right angle move/slam my hand into another framing member in such a way that it jammed my fingers to the trigger in the on position.

One of the dumber things I've done that hurt like an MF'er is I was pulling a wrench toward me at about face height. It was getting real tight and slipped off. The very end of the handle swung at full speed and hit me in bone of my eyesocket. Right on the edge just under the soft part of the eye.

That was soooo stupid. And hurt like you can't imagine.

J.C.

Comment

What is it about head wounds.
      The Timberwolf wouldn't fit in the phsycospot.So I had to cuddle up nice and close to the hog,upside down,hold the drill with my fingertips and push with my lips...Ever been there?
      Needless to say we hit a knot and got off square.She kicked.And the side off my head bounced off the HVAC bolt.
      If the cops would've shown up they'd of figured murder with all the blood.
      Dang Mess! Had to clean it up or the lady would freak on her weekly with moneybags.
      Pain was worse in my bumped pinky finger.

Comment

It's a right of passage to be hit in the face by your right angle drill. For me it always happened while I was on a ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Been spun by a Hole Hawg. Only used it once. Timberwolf or the DeWalt copy for me. Most aggravating for me is I've had the right angle move/slam my hand into another framing member in such a way that it jammed my fingers to the trigger in the on position.

One of the dumber things I've done that hurt like an MF'er is I was pulling a wrench toward me at about face height. It was getting real tight and slipped off. The very end of the handle swung at full speed and hit me in bone of my eyesocket. Right on the edge just under the soft part of the eye.

That was soooo stupid. And hurt like you can't imagine.

J.C.
          Your wrench in the face.
          Oh,I can imagine.
          If you were to come to the round-up...I could show you where I knocked my front tooth out trying to loosen the 1-1/2 dually nut on a John Deere when I was 14.

Comment

I saw stars when the Milwaukee right angle drill I was using to bore a 4" with came up and landed a right cross to my chin. On another note, DeWalt has a "Hole Hawg" style right angle drill that controls reactionary torque. You can look at it here:

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...roductID=19152

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
              I saw stars when the Milwaukee right angle drill I was using to bore a 4" with came up and landed a right cross to my chin. On another note, DeWalt has a "Hole Hawg" style right angle drill that controls reactionary torque. You can look at it here:

Timberwolf...Black & Decker
              Where you been?

Comment

Back in the good ol' days during the 80's boom, my only job was to drill holes marked by someone else. My knuckles would be bludgeoned by the right angle drill by the end of the week. I now have the forearms of Popeye and the hands of a 80 year old farmer.

I gave away all my large self-feed bits when the Lenox One Tooth hit the market

Sometimes, it still gets me when forward is on, when I was bracing for reverse. I hate that!

Comment

I used to use a makita right angle drill that had a broken switch, so you plugged it in to turn on, and unplug to turn off. Not too bright, huh?

After 4 stitches in the forehead and a front tooth repair, it got thrown away.

Another self inflicted wound happened when leaning on the chuck key to loosen a bit, my forearm hits the trigger (shoulda been unplugged) and my fingers get wedged between the chuck, key and drill body.

Kind of a slow learner, ain't I?

Comment

Rolling along with a framing nailer and at face level I hit another nail. It kicked back and smacked me in the mouth. Fortunately my lip saved my teeth and it wasn't a big deal.

Comment

Been there done that and usually while on a ladder.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by thedcdude View Post
                        Rolling along with a framing nailer and at face level I hit another nail. It kicked back and smacked me in the mouth. Fortunately my lip saved my teeth and it wasn't a big deal.
                        I've seen too many nails make a u turn on me.I've made it second nature to wear eye protection on the job.Especially nailing off shear or roof.
                        Now that service work is beckoning they're for sh!t slingin' snakes and rust drippin' faucets.

Comment

the worst i ever got it was at my own house

i was boring a 4'' hole 25' from the house to the garage for some plumbing and electrical lines. i had the paddle bit running full speed to clear the mud when i hit the footing on the garage. it looked like slow motion when the 3' long 3/4'' support arm pipe came swinging between the my nose and eye. right at the bridge.

6 stitches later i was all good.

just bought a set of milwaukee 3 tooth hole saws at he phcc show in san diego last week.

i've owned the 1 tooth hole saws for years longer than lennox has had them.

nothing like the ability to drill a 4 5/8'' hole with 1 hand

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Originally Posted by killavolt

Timberwolf...Black & Decker
                            Where you been?
                            that is not the timber wolf that is a new right angle drill with new features, as stated it is more designed like the hole hawg, than the timber wolf, and with a "bind up feature" (how it works I do not know),
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Like the posts. Too funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X