Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

My Right Angle Drill Hit me in the Face, And it Hurts!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Right Angle Drill Hit me in the Face, And it Hurts!

Sorry fellas, I haven't been hit in the face/head/groin with a right angle drill - probably partly which is because I don't own one, and use one rarely.

I have however been hit/struck/wounded in the following memorable ways:
    1. Bit by an uncle's dog (a cocker spaniel) when I was in grade 3, right on the face, wounds through to the inside of the mouth.
    2. While driving with my mom at around the same time period, we were hit and run over (literally) by a semi. Pinned in the vehicle, needing extrication, right ankle was severely contorted/strained/fractured. (Funny story - the insurance replacement car we got weeks later was eventually hit by a train when my mom was driving it a few years back. She's a bit unlucky, and is now a paranoid driver.)
    3. Knocked unconscious in a hockey game when I was 14 - on a breakaway, was caught-up to by the defenceman, and right as I was going to deke-out the goalie, I was completely cross-checked from behind (I didn't see it, obviously, but everyone said afterward that it was completely brutal - led to some various minor-hockey rule changes). I hit the goal's crossbar head on - busted my helmet, dented the facemask, and even dinged up the actual goal. Knocked out for a few minutes, and had to be taken away by ambulance personel on a stretcher.
    4. Received a burn wound on the arm from a camper of mine, back in high school when I was a summer camp counsellor, when he threw a flaming marshmallow right at me, and it stuck and burned me on the inside of the arm like napalm. Damn ritalin-dependent messed-up kids.
    5. Stabbed in the knee with a pen knife, working security.
    6. Broken sternum/breastbone, from getting into a car accident with my buddy, when he decided it was going to be fun to drive a little Chrysler Datona 75 mph / 130 kph, on a half-frozen but all-slushy gravel road. Too bad the hydro-pole had something to say about that - hit it head on, split the engine block in two, popped the radio into the back seat, and completely cracked and took out the pole. Also, we were on our way to a hockey game, and our hockey bags were in the back (the kind of hockey bags where your skates are in special little compartments on either end of the bag) - the skates tore through and half-impaled themselves into the headrests of the seats.
    7. Kicked in the groin with a 5" stilletto heel by a "classy" girl, while working security. Needed multiple "massages" to mend that wound.
    8. Lots of miscellaneous security injuries - broken nose (2 times), broken hand & fractured wrist (once), broken fingers (3 fingers, multiple times), broken toes (2 toes, 4 different times), busted and bruised ribs (2 cracked, 5 bruised, from one brutal riot/fight, and it completely rocked but sucked, all at the same time), multiple cuts and bruises.
    9. Hit by my own pepperspray once due to the wind - absolutely sucked.
    10. And the number 10, of those memorable wounds that I care to remember - a black eye received from [drumroll please] Mrs. Canucksartech (back when we were only dating), from whacking me square in the face with my own handcuffs. Yes, while she was in them. And no, they sure as hell weren't the fuzzy fake-handcuffs. Also, no, I don't have any pictures.

Comment

I am the lucky old howling hound and have suffered few injuries. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I try to think of what can/will go wrong and think about protecting myself. (*&^%$ sure can and does happen and we all need to keep a clear mind and keep our mind on the job.

Comment

cut off the tip of my middle finger on my left hand while changing the buckets on the excavator doctors did a great job rebuilding can hardly tell.

My arms have more scars from burns and cuts than a teenage girl startved for attention.

Nose broke 4 times 1 time car accident, time 2 fight at a bar that I was working at, time 3 screening topsoil and a nice big chunk of concrete came out of the screener and nailed me in the face time 4 was throwing an infiltrator chamber endcap into the back of the dumptruck, it hit the sideboard came back and nailed me square in the face.

Note to self working in construction is dangerous stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          cut off the tip of my middle finger on my left hand while changing the buckets on the excavator doctors did a great job rebuilding can hardly tell.

My arms have more scars from burns and cuts than a teenage girl startved for attention.

Nose broke 4 times 1 time car accident, time 2 fight at a bar that I was working at, time 3 screening topsoil and a nice big chunk of concrete came out of the screener and nailed me in the face time 4 was throwing an infiltrator chamber endcap into the back of the dumptruck, it hit the sideboard came back and nailed me square in the face.

And how are things today Lucky?

Comment

You don't mind if Ridgid has you on the sidelines as cheerleader at the roundup do you?

Comment

That was years ago here is a picture of me today:

Comment

i was drilling over my head on a building putting in plywood soffits. The drill I was using was the Craftsman 19.2 volt , the screw went in super fast and the drill came around and hit me in the face with the battery pack. I almost fell off the ladder and had a nice blue mark on my chin and cheecks for days

Comment

That was years ago here is a picture of me today:

Awe damn!

SHould I say a prayer?

Send blood?
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I was thinking about you yesterday Dunbar, my buddy told me about this website and they had a sandwich you should try:

they call it the Mc'Surf and Turf

Comment

mmm

yumliscious

I guess I'll clear my colon for two this afternoon.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        And how are things today Lucky?

Man, even I wouldn't take a car ride with him!

Comment

Working...
                        X