Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Ridgid lifetime service agreement Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

    For anyone waiting for their LSA registration. I registered a planer on-line and sent in the receipt and UPC early November. Just received email notification of LSA this morning. Almost 6 months to the day.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

      Originally posted by Calder View Post
      For anyone waiting for their LSA registration. I registered a planer on-line and sent in the receipt and UPC early November. Just received email notification of LSA this morning. Almost 6 months to the day.
      Even that turn around time is a joke. I guess that as long as you need service and get it as someone stated, that's all that counts. I sent in my paper work using their service card. I hope it was the right way.

      Red
      Red

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

        I guess if Ridgid does there job, nobody hears about it. If they are not, well somebody hold back the flood gates!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

          Well I just registered my new Autoshift Drill and saw for the LSA, followed all steps and mailed everything in, out of curiosity I called and the lady that I spoke with told me that my info hasn't been entered yet and that it could take up to 6 months. She told me that the 90 days is the 90 days, if it takes them 6 months to register then the customer is SOL for the lifetime warranty, even if they send it in right away. This company looks for any reason to delay or get out of providing the lifetime service, that was certainly the impression that I was left with after speaking with customer service.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

            Originally posted by thomasward00 View Post
            Well I just registered my new Autoshift Drill and saw for the LSA, followed all steps and mailed everything in, out of curiosity I called and the lady that I spoke with told me that my info hasn't been entered yet and that it could take up to 6 months. She told me that the 90 days is the 90 days, if it takes them 6 months to register then the customer is SOL for the lifetime warranty, even if they send it in right away. This company looks for any reason to delay or get out of providing the lifetime service, that was certainly the impression that I was left with after speaking with customer service.
            thomasward00,

            You've had your drill for something like 2 weeks. You registered on the internet and you sent in the necessary paperwork for the LSA. Out of curiosity you called and the lady that you spoke with told you that your info hadn't been entered yet and that it could take up to 6 months. You asked the lady a question and she gave you her best guess answer - 6 months, but I doubt if she told you that you were SOL for the lifetime service agreement (not a lifetime warranty). Do remember that the lifetime service agreement kicks in after the 3 year warranty - so, even if you have a problem during the processing time for the LSA, and even if it takes 6 months, you are covered. Just thought that I'd mention that to you before you got too far into a rant about Ridgid's customer service. I'd say that you should hold your curiosity in check a bit and allow them to get the job done for you. Two weeks is about two weeks too little time to give to anyone to get something done for you, much less check on it. As mentioned by another forum member, these individuals that process the paperwork for the LSA have no axe to grind with you, but they have a job to perform to the best of their ability. I doubt, especially in this economy, that they would unnecessarily draw attention to themselves by not processing your work. All I say is give 'em a chance. Go use your autoshift and saw. Make something.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

              in many cases, the tools i've registered have taken up to 8 months to register for the LSA. however, in all cases, persistent follow up has, without exception, resulted in successful registration and i have never felt that ridgid was looking to evade any responsibilities regarding the performance of their tools or the satisfaction of their customers.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
                thomasward00,

                You've had your drill for something like 2 weeks. You registered on the internet and you sent in the necessary paperwork for the LSA. Out of curiosity you called and the lady that you spoke with told you that your info hadn't been entered yet and that it could take up to 6 months. You asked the lady a question and she gave you her best guess answer - 6 months, but I doubt if she told you that you were SOL for the lifetime service agreement (not a lifetime warranty). Do remember that the lifetime service agreement kicks in after the 3 year warranty - so, even if you have a problem during the processing time for the LSA, and even if it takes 6 months, you are covered. Just thought that I'd mention that to you before you got too far into a rant about Ridgid's customer service. I'd say that you should hold your curiosity in check a bit and allow them to get the job done for you. Two weeks is about two weeks too little time to give to anyone to get something done for you, much less check on it. As mentioned by another forum member, these individuals that process the paperwork for the LSA have no axe to grind with you, but they have a job to perform to the best of their ability. I doubt, especially in this economy, that they would unnecessarily draw attention to themselves by not processing your work. All I say is give 'em a chance. Go use your autoshift and saw. Make something.
                I never stated anything about it taking too long to enter my information, I understand workloads. I only inquired about my registration status and was informed that it could take up to 6 months, it was plainly stated that if it takes them longer than 90 days to complete this registration for the lifetime service then I am SOL, but I still have the 3 year. No matter how this issue is spun the company attempts to invalidate as many lifetime service warranties as possible. The customer is forced to jump through hoops to receive this lifetime service "Which is a major selling point for this brand"
                Not a rant just my experience, I'm just starting to re-build my tool collection since hurricane Katrina and will be purchasing many tools in the future.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                  I registered on-line per instructions and sent in the proof of purchase per instructions. Not a big deal. 6 months later I received an email saying my tool was registered for LSA.

                  I didn't feel as though I had to jump through hoops.

                  On a previous purchase I did call because I had not heard anything and it was reaching the 90 day window. At that time they said they were backed-up about 5 months, and they would eventually get to it. Sure enough; a couple of months later my tools were registered for LSA.

                  One interesting thing they did tell me at that time. They were not working to the 90 day window. They would respect the application for any tool that qualified for the LSA regardless of how long ago it was purchased. Even if the tool was purchased 3 or 4 years ago, provided the paperwork showed it met the basic requirements of the LSA, it would be accepted. The basic requirements being proof it was purchased from HD at a time they were offering LSA, and was a qualifying tool (single batteries are excluded).

                  Based on my experience it does not seem the company is trying to invalidate any legitimate applications for LSA.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                    Originally posted by thomasward00 View Post
                    I never stated anything about it taking too long to enter my information, I understand workloads. I only inquired about my registration status and was informed that it could take up to 6 months, it was plainly stated that if it takes them longer than 90 days to complete this registration for the lifetime service then I am SOL, but I still have the 3 year. No matter how this issue is spun the company attempts to invalidate as many lifetime service warranties as possible. The customer is forced to jump through hoops to receive this lifetime service "Which is a major selling point for this brand"
                    Not a rant just my experience, I'm just starting to re-build my tool collection since hurricane Katrina and will be purchasing many tools in the future.
                    thomasward00,

                    Come on now, let's think this out. Let's look at some of the factors that surround the processing time that they gave to you. First, most manufacturers of power tools offer a 90 day return policy with virtually no questions asked. Secondly, they offer a warranty period to cover defects to the tool that might arise after purchase. In some cases you can purchase an extended warranty or, in the case of Ridgid Power Tools, you can register for a service agreement.

                    Now, you've been notified that it could take 6 months let's kinda break that down and get an idea what that could mean. Let's say they start on your LSA verification process the instant that they get your paper work and over the next several weeks they diligently perform their task of providing you your deserved LSA. On the 89th day after purchase you exercise your purchase return right and get your money back, but remember, the work of processing the LSA has already taken place. Doesn't sound too efficient does it?

                    Let's say you buy a combo kit, keep the batteries and the saw, sell the remaining items to another party (or parties), but you register for your LSA and so does the party (or parties) that purchased those tools that were sold and you both follow the requirement to register the tools within 90 days of purchase. Can really create a can of worms for the registration department to try and weed through all of this kind of mess.

                    So, it appears that the best thing to do is at least to wait until the initial 90 day return period has expired before you fully process the paperwork doesn't it? So let's now do the math: 6 months = 180 days, less the 90 day return priviledge = 90 days. Give 'em the time and it should get done. I know you feel that this might be "spin" and I'm not saying that this is how it is, but it does put a real world face on the verification process. I know yours' is not a rant just your experience, but it appears that you might be unduly penalizing Ridgid for something that happened to you in the past from another manufacturer or rebate offer.

                    Sounds like you have a valid purchase and have done all the required items to be successful in obtaining the LSA. Good luck with that and your anticipated future tool purchases.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                      thomasward00,

                      Just to let you know, I have 24 Ridgid tools and every single one of them is registered in the LLSA system. Not a single one has been lost, and except for a moment of impatience on my part, I've only had to call once, which took six months to be entered in the database.

                      I do not believe that Ridgid or any other honest manufacturer relys on making the procedure too complicated or in any way condones the loss of registration paperwork. If that was so, then it would be a terrible waste of the staff and structure that a company invests in to even offer such a service plan. They'd be money ahead of the game to just not offer such a plan. Even without the LLSA, Ridgi's 90-day satisfaction guarantee and 3-year warranty is very competive.

                      As far as "jumping through hoops", I see that comment made by a lot of impatient customers. Personally, reading the serial number off the tool's name plate and then cutting the UPC from the box doesn't seem to me to be much of challenge. These old eyes aren't what they used to be, so I suspect that it may be harder for me than with most younger folks. But what the hay, it takes be about 30 minutes to type up a letter with all the required information, tape the UPC cutout and a copy of my receipt to the letter, scan a backup copy into my computer, and drive down to the post office. If I have other mail, then I guess I could shave 10 minutes off the time I feel needs to be dedicated only to the Ridgid registration process.

                      So, 30 minutes tops and I don't have to ever spend money on parts, service, batteries, chargers, motors, bearings, trigger mechanisms, etc., etc., etc.! NOT a bad deal for so little investment. NOW, mowing my lawn is a hassle, going to the doctors is a pain (literally), and doing my taxes is "jumping through hoops".... but in comparison, handling my new Ridgid tool registration takes a lot less effort than taking a shower!

                      Patience my friend, it makes life much happier,

                      CWS
                      Last edited by CWSmith; 05-08-2009, 11:52 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                        Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                        but in comparison, handling my new Ridgid tool registration takes a lot less effort than taking a shower!
                        But I don't magically come up with your best ideas while filling out a tool registration (if I did, then it would be a good excuse to buy more tools).

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                          Well hopefully everything goes ok, I will be purchasing new tools in the near future and they will all be Rigid, I like the idea of a lifetime Service agreement and especially for batteries, guys please do not get the impression that I don't like Ridgid, I love my autoshift drill.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                            Originally posted by thomasward00 View Post
                            Well hopefully everything goes ok, I will be purchasing new tools in the near future and they will all be Rigid, I like the idea of a lifetime Service agreement and especially for batteries, guys please do not get the impression that I don't like Ridgid, I love my autoshift drill.
                            thomasward00,

                            Good for you, ya gotta replace all those Katrina losses and it sounds like you'll not only be re-building your residence, but your tool inventory too. Ridgid lifetime service agreement makes a lot of sense once you begin to understand the nuances of how it works and why. You'll hear all kinds of stuff and maybe some complaints (some justified), but once you get confirmation that it's there you'll feel much better about your purchases. Have at it, thomasward00, and continue to contribute. Let us know how it worked for you.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                              geez.........isn't there a "run in circles and argue" forum?

                              I don't usually mind highjacked threads but..........

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Ridgid lifetime service agreement

                                Guys I just had to get rid of 15 posts because you can't be civil. Please learned to get along or you will be missed.

                                Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X