X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Ridgid Wet Vac is better?

I'm looking to purchase a Ridgid Wet Vac for a wet clean up in my basement and I went to Home Depot to get one specifically but found a similar one but had "better" specs for $15 less.

The one I went to get:
    WD1450 - 14gal, 6.0hp, $115, can be used to blow debris, listed as High Performace on Ridgid's webpage under the category of Muscle For The Toughest Jobs

Possibly a better option:
    WD1670 - BLower Vac - 16gal, 6.5hp, $99, has detatchable blower on top of unit, blows at 265mph, listed on Ridgid's webpage under the category of Versatile Cleaning Systems and Solutions (lower grade??)

A pipe was leaking all night in my basement and now my carpet is soaked, so this would be the main use for tonight!

ANother lower model:
    WD1250 - 12gal, 5.0hp, $79, can be used to blow debris at 160mph, listed as High Performace on Ridgid's webpage under the category of Muscle For The Toughest Jobs

Any thoughts would help greatly. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which Ridgid Wet Vac is better?

If you're cleaning up water and there is a lot then the bigger capacity (16 Gal) would prove to be benefical as well as the more powerful motor. I have the 16 gal version of the 14 gal you're looking at and its a beast but if you're not going to be using it heavily I would get the $99 model and save some cash.

Comment

If you want to do a good job extracting water from a wet carpet-rug look for a vac with a 2 stage fan-motor in it. The higher suction lift is what will get the job done better. In the Ridgid line, I would look at these models. They aren't cheap but they should work well and for dry dirt too. Are you just wanting something for light duty use or do you want a workhorse?

RV2400A - http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RV2400A-...c/EN/index.htm

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RV2600B-...c/EN/index.htm

Of the two models you mention the WD1450 is a better built machine.

Comment

I have the smallest of the ridgid vac's and am using it as a cheap dust collector now. I want to update my vac for better performance and may combine it with the dust deputy. Would the 12 gal be a big improvement or do I need to go bigger?

Thanks

Hope I am not hijacking the thread on anyone.

Comment

Working...
        X