X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Contractor Stimulus

I'm sure that everyone got this but in case they didn't here is a little info. I have bought many different corded Ridgid products in the past two years but I have kind of held off on the cordless for a number of reasons.

1. Please don't hate on me too bad but, I've had a B/D Firestorm drill that I really like and it performs well.

2. I've got a lot of batteries (about 10) that go along with that drill

3. I've been waiting for the deal to drop on my upgrade.

So, with all of that said, I bought the Autoshift combo kit back in December and if by the postings everyone doesn't know already, I like it a lot. Since then, I've purchased the Max Select Jig Saw and the Circular saw. I am not a major contract worker by any means but I do stay very busy with my business. I've found that working with myself and my helpers that I really need more batteries. Then, I received this Ridgid Contractor Stimulus package where as if you purchase a Hammer Drill, R964 combo, or an Autoshift drill then you will receive a Max Select planer and $50 rebate check. On top of that Home Depot sends out a $30 on $300 or $50 on $500 coupon. So, I decided to go to HD and see if I could make a deal. As it turns out, the R963 and the R964 have similar SKU's (apparently if the both end in the same three numbers they are considered the same unit) and they are priced the same. So, after talking to an associate, I persuaded them to take a $50 reduction off of the price of $499 ($449) then i used the $50 coupon ( I purchased a few other things too) to get the price down to $399. Now, I have a $50 mail in rebate for $50 (price is down to $349.) After all of this, I had returned my Max Select circular saw since it was included in the combo pack (No, I haven't used it or even taken it out of the package.) So, I guess the moral of the story is, with all of the rebates and price adjustments, I got an X2 combo pack for $254, and the only replication in my cordless tools is the impactor driver which is really fine with me.

Just thought that if anyone is interested, I thought this was a good way to build the inventory of your cordless tools.

Kevin

Re: Ridgid Contractor Stimulus

I can't seem to find this deal anywhere.

Where did you see it? Was it in an email?

Thanks

Chris

Comment

The coupon expired last week but the ad for the tools can be found through this link.

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/2...91/2d0acb526c/

it kind of overshoots the value of the planer but still, free is free.

You can talk down the price with the associates at HD especially since they are trying to close out the R964 kits to make room for R963.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Comment

Really appreciate the link. It actually looks like it is valid from Mar 13 - May 15, 2009. So I think it is still good.

Just curious what you said to make them give you the $449 price instead of the $499 price between the R964 & R963. I always hear about people doing stuff like this, but I never get very far.

Maybe a little off-topic, but do you think Ridgid is a good way to go? Mostly my jobs are around the house stuff. I have always had Makita or Panasonic (still love my Panasonic drill), but the batteries always die, and then you are left with a hard choice. It seems a no-brainer with Ridgid's lifetime warranty.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Good deal.

I had a fimilar experience. My Porter Cable 19 volt charger croaked so I was looking for another drill and had decided on a Ridgid so batteries and chargers won't be a worry. I'd almost decided on the Autoshift when the Ridgid email arrived.
          I had a 10% coupon so I paid ~$206 for the Autoshift.
          I was in the shop cutting off the UPC when I noticed a very faded label on the box saying a free Impact Driver comes with the drill, via mailin rebate.
          I called Ridgid who said the free ID deal expired months ago but they had to honor it since HD didn't pull the stock as they should have. So, I got the Autoshift with 10% off, planer, $50 rebate and an ID.
          This was last week and the impact driver was delivered Friday.
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by sumocomputers View Post
            Really appreciate the link. It actually looks like it is valid from Mar 13 - May 15, 2009. So I think it is still good.

The ad is still good but the $50 off of $500 has expired. You can use competitor coupons if you have one though.

Just curious what you said to make them give you the $449 price instead of the $499 price between the R964 & R963. I always hear about people doing stuff like this, but I never get very far.

I explained to them that the R964 was being replaced by the R963 and that the price shouldn't be the same for a 4pc product as a 5pc that has the newer models. It is always worth asking a manager to lower the price. I have two table saws (ts3650 and the ts2400, both when they were the current model ) I got HD to give a new quality blade with each of them.

Maybe a little off-topic, but do you think Ridgid is a good way to go? Mostly my jobs are around the house stuff. I have always had Makita or Panasonic (still love my Panasonic drill), but the batteries always die, and then you are left with a hard choice. It seems a no-brainer with Ridgid's lifetime warranty.

I have a lot of their tools so I think so.

Thanks

Chris

Hope this helps

Comment

Got the 964 for $449. After the rebate and ebaying the planer it should be net $350.

I also saw the 931 for $299. 24v set.

What is the general consensus? I notice Ridgid has discontinued their 24v kits.

Comment

After attending a hardware roadshow, about 2 years ago, I can tell you that the manufacturers WERE in a race for power, but had already identified at that time, that it was un-necessary power. Not many made the jump. Heck, they all went the opposite way because they can now get more power out of a little 12v package utilizing Lith-Ion power.

Comment

i find the 24v li 4 pc combo kit is like the energizer bunny. it just keeps going and going and going untill the battery stops delivering power. i, for one, lament its passing.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                  X