X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x3 sawzall model r864 losing blades

anyone having problems with the new x3 ridgid sawzall losing blades?
    Brand new out of the box and it loses the blade about every 3rd cut through pvc. Very annoying. If anyone knows a fix i'd like it.
    Tried several blades. The blades were lennox. 2 wood blades and 4 bi-metal blades. It happened with each of these.

Love the new tools in the set. Definitely better than the old ridgid stuff.
    Other than the new light that comes with the set i'm impressed.

Re: x3 sawzall model r864 losing blades

A) If you've only had it a short time you could swap it at Home Depot for another.

B) Try cleaning the blade clamp really. An old toothbrush and some compressed air sure help here. Don't forget safety glasses-goggles.

C) Give the blade clamp a few good shots of Kroil, PB Blaster, WD40 or such.

I've run into other brands where I found removing the paint on the blade shank really helped.

Comment

I also have a new x3 sawzall that loses the blades. No help from Ridgid or HD. Repair people have ordered parts. It flipped the blades for the tech. DEFECTIVE tool. Any help?

Comment

Try a different brand of blade. The older Milwaukees quick clamps and black and decker wouldn't hold axe blades very well till they made a design change. the blades are slightly thicker. I am not sure whether the lennox are thicker or not but it may the same type problem.

Comment

Originally posted by md1harris View Post
          anyone having problems with the new x3 ridgid sawzall losing blades?
          Brand new out of the box and it loses the blade about every 3rd cut through pvc. Very annoying. If anyone knows a fix i'd like it.
          Tried several blades. The blades were lennox. 2 wood blades and 4 bi-metal blades. It happened with each of these.

Love the new tools in the set. Definitely better than the old ridgid stuff.
          Other than the new light that comes with the set i'm impressed.
          I have no experience with the X3 recip saw, however we have extensive experience with Milwaukee and Ridgid 24V and older 18V recips.
          1-The blade holder chuck becomes jammed with debris and must be cleaned and lubricated to keep it operating freely. We had good results with compressed air shot directly into the chuck. Move the mechanism while injecting air. Follow this with a good lubricant. We like air nailer lube.
          2-Sometimes it helps to "jiggle" the chuck release handle a little when inserting the blade. The older Ridgid recip saws could "overthrow" a little if the arm was pushed all the way.
          3-Make sure to push the blade firmly into the chuck, especially if you are operating in dirty conditions and don't have a air compressor or lubricant available.
          Hope this is helpful....Ray

Comment

Working...
          X