X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer Fitting: NPT / NPTF

I noticed, on the Ridgid 3300 psi, that a quick-connect fitting was added to the chemical discharge port on the pump (see picture link attached).

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/DA404D0...63_1_Final.jpg

According to the pump specs, the chemical discharge port is a 3/8" NPTM. Can someone tell me that if I remove the quick-connect to add a cross-fitting (in order to add a secondary relief valve and pressure gauge), will this be in vain? I am under the impression that securing a fitting to an NPTM will crush the threads to provide a seal. So, if Ridgid added a quick-connect fitting to the chemical discharge port, removing the quick-connect to add any other fitting to the chemical discharge port will prove futile, correct?

I want to make sure I'm not missing something and want to gather as much info before proceeding.

Thanks much.

Re: Pressure Washer Fitting: NPT / NPTF

i have a special quick connect that was drilled and tapped for a pressure gauge. it just snaps into the exisiting quick connect.

i don't think adding a second relief vale is all that important.

remember that the weight and vibration of the attaqchments could but a strain on the brass port. lots of extra weight that will vibrate. if you really want to add the extras, try a 2' jumper hose and u-bolt the assembly to the frame to take the weight and vibration off the connector.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Pressure Washer Fitting: NPT / NPTF

Rick-

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...
      X