Ridgid Tools Missing In CANADA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Tools Missing In CANADA

I love Ridgid tools,I'm so pissed off wiht all the Ridgid Tools not available in Canada and not available either for custom orderFor exampleRidgid 6 1/8 jointer JP0610Ridgid Fuego 6.5 circular sawRidgid Dual Base RouterRidgid 15 gauge angle finish nailerRidgid Collated ScrewdriversI can go on. Some of these tools used to be for sale in Canada and have now been abandoned and not even an option to custom order.I think this is awful.I used to work for Home Depot and the selection of Ridgid products was better back then we used to get all the new ridgid tools granted usually 6 months later but they did get here.

Re: Ridgid Tools Missing In CANADA

I was told once by a Home Depot rep. that they could order me any tool I wanted. Your email kinda encouraged me to take them up on it today to see if they do . Well....they don't. I no like. It's fine if you don't want to stock because of expected low sales but at least have US Home Depot be allowed to sell it to you or have someone else be able to sell it here. Three products I am interested in are SeeSnake Micro and 12V Right Angle Impact Driver and... cordless nailer when it comes out.

For those that don't know, HD.com does not deliver to a CAN address.

Comment

You are completely right.

I ended up getting a 12v impact angle driver by being lucky enough to find just the tool on ebay then I got 2 batteries that were not selling from homedepot for $5 each and then used my existing ridgid charger.

I think this is so stupid. Just to get these tools now I will have to drive from Ottawa to Watertown new york pay gas, customs, to pick up some of the tools I want which means I will end up paying a massive amount more for the same tool they should have carried here in the first place or should be able to custom order.

When I worked at home depot we could custom order almost anything now they can't do it I think this is rediculous.

All I want to do is complete my shop with great tools at a great price which is what Ridgid always meant to me in the past.

Comment

I buy most of my Ridgid tools on ebay... its 1/3 of the price and I get it faster then H-D Canada ever will...

As for warrenty at 1/3 of the price you just buy another....

So far I got MaxSelect Planer,Impact,Radio,Flashlight, Circular Saw, ect and the still all work #1 so save yourself some money and get t on ebay

The best deal I got was two 24V Xli bats for 35$ each and 30$ for the Charger,,,,,

Im still looking for the Maxselect caulk gun but no luck....

HD Canada has sweet deals once and a while but it still dosent beet ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Avanzi View Post
          I was told once by a Home Depot rep. that they could order me any tool I wanted. Your email kinda encouraged me to take them up on it today to see if they do . Well....they don't. I no like. It's fine if you don't want to stock because of expected low sales but at least have US Home Depot be allowed to sell it to you or have someone else be able to sell it here. Three products I am interested in are SeeSnake Micro and 12V Right Angle Impact Driver and... cordless nailer when it comes out.

For those that don't know, HD.com does not deliver to a CAN address.
          does hd canada ship to U.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            does hd canada ship to U.S.?
            Nope. I tried to get the headless pin driver and the coiled framing nailer both this way but they only ship to postal codes actaully in Canada. I ended up finding a continuing educational course that was offered in B.C. in order to buy these tools while having my company pay for the airplane ticket and hotel

Comment

I was able to buy the headless pinner in Canada.

But to the guy who wrote that he buys his tools on ebay. I can buy the hand power tools. But shipping a jointer now that costs more than its worth brand new. Also Ridgids Lathe that would be too expensive to ship and also not available in Canada aswell.

Anyone know why the jointer was discontinued and does anyone know of anymore tools that will be discontinued soon.

Also why the heck is the Ridgid 2930 router combo not available in Canada. I want one for the workshop pretty badly and I can't even get one unless I drive to the US.

Thanks,
              Mobius
              Last edited by mobius; 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Are there any plans on bringing the router kit to Canada in the future?, if not I will have to look elsewhere for a different brand (Bosch or DeWalt)

Its not something I want to do, but I see no other option.

Are there any other distributors of Ridgid in Canada other than HD?

Wojtek

Comment

Working...
                X