X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee V18

Looks like HD brought back the V18 Drill/Driver as a promotional buy for $169. Looks like a very good deal.

Re: Milwaukee V18

I wonder if it's the POS I took back..... Did it have a broken trigger switch?

Comment

I was under the impression that Milwaukee was getting rid of the V18 line. This seems logical with the price drops that the V18 tools have seen lately.

Comment

These are not old inventory reduce priced, these are brand new with 2009 date codes.

Comment

I picked this up from a different seller for $158 last month.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...M&sn=tools0234

The two batteries and chargers are almost that much.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-1...8112285&sr=1-3

Now that I have the batteries and charger I picked up a bare tool Sawzall for $45.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6515...8112406&sr=1-2

Total for two Lithium batteries, a charger, the drill and the sawzall was $203.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The M18 stuff looks junky compared to the V18 stuff. I don't know why they came out with the V18 stuff and then went right to the M18 stuff suddenly.

I love my V28 tools. I hadn't used my V28 right angle drill for a quite a while until recently when I put a 2 9/16" big hawg bit in it and it just plowed through the 2x4 beautifully. What a great tool. I also still love my V28 4 pc set and I'd buy it again today if, even in comparison to the stiff competition out there that wasn't there when I bought the 4 pc set 2 1/2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott K View Post
              I don't know why they came out with the V18 stuff and then went right to the M18 stuff suddenly.
              Because battery sales were sucking hard because the old Nicads fit on the new tools and vice-versa....

V28 is definitely the way to go Milwaukee-wise. Love my set, and new tools keep appearing, there is definitely support to the line. V18 owners kinda got suckered in my opinion.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I think the M18 product line is a better line than the V18. Who know's maybe next year they will come out with something better. The E18 and it won't be compatible with either...

Comment

Here's the baffling thing about the M18 hammerdrill....why on earth would they make it so you can put the side handle on in only 3 or 4 fixed positions, unlike every other cordless hammerdrill every produced?? I don't know about you guys, but that right there is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X