X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I learned!!

I have been working on an Army base doing contract work and this is what I leeaarrnned.

1. 18 volt nicad last longer in the cordless vac than the 24 volt, 24 volt has more power but does not last as long.
    2. Makita is the best all around impact and compact drill combo that I have used. Working besides guys with Dewalt and having Ridgid myself the Makita out performed both brands. Dewalt and Ridgid had more RPMs and torque but the combination of light weight, fast charged time and the right amount of torque and rpms made it dream to use all day. Compact batteries lasted and charged in about 15 minutes. It was real cool using the tool.

Re: What I learned!!

One thing I like about the ridgid set is the keyless chuck on the drill. I don't want to have to use a chuck adapter or repurchase all my bits with a hex shank to use them.

Comment

Not sure of the exact model your speaking but I've used the Makita 14.4V Drill & Impact Driver with good results also.

The drill has a keyless chuck.
      The impact driver has the locking shank collet.

The impact driver gives the best combination for power, weight, performance last I checked. But it has been awhile.

J.C.

Comment

he's talking about the compact drivers that are becoming very popular right now.

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Product...rce=googlebase

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R82007-L...l/EN/index.htm

Comment

Thanks rofl. I honestly wouldn't go for one for myself. I would just get one like I have. Last time I bought it for 2 bills (year ago) & you got 2 batteries, charger, drill, impact driver, & flourescent work light.

You just can't beat that impact driver. Easy to operate, great power, & non fatiguing weight. LED to light up what you're working on too.

The best thing is the "wire" belt or pocket hanger. Just hang it on you while you adjust things, move a ladder, or just work.

J.C.

Comment

I think the technical name for that wire thing is "depantsing device"

My paslode nailers have them also.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
              I think the technical name for that wire thing is "depantsing device"

My paslode nailers have them also.

You been taking "noassatall" pills? Gotta' Paslode with it too. Don't much care for that one as it is too heavy to pants hang.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by the_aerator View Post
                I have been working on an Army base doing contract work and this is what I leeaarrnned.

1. 18 volt nicad last longer in the cordless vac than the 24 volt, 24 volt has more power but does not last as long.
                2. Makita is the best all around impact and compact drill combo that I have used. Working besides guys with Dewalt and having Ridgid myself the Makita out performed both brands. Dewalt and Ridgid had more RPMs and torque but the combination of light weight, fast charged time and the right amount of torque and rpms made it dream to use all day. Compact batteries lasted and charged in about 15 minutes. It was real cool using the tool.
                I think the one issue you will see with their battereis is that they won't last as many cycle lifes. The quicker the charge on a battery puts more stress on the battery which decreases the cycle lifes. If one has more torque and RPM's it is hard to believe they didn't perform better.

Comment

I was talking about the 18 volt drill and impact driver. Was on a job site doing a lot of pilot holes and driving screws all day long. On the site was dewalts ridgids and makitas, the makitas out performed the others and charged much faster.

Comment

Working...
                  X