X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help selecting new kit

Well since they discontinued the XLi line and i need a new drill and batteries i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to replace it with? I'm looking for something as powerful as the tools I'm replacing.
    i was thinking the new x3 line looks good but i can't find it at home depot or on their website.

Re: Need help selecting new kit

The X3 set imo is great. I've had mine for a few months now and have really been impressed. Best thing to do is go ahead and try it out, if you like it keep it but if not you have 90 days to take it back for a full refund. I had the x2 set not the max select, but the X3 set blows the x2 out of the water. The hammer drill is so much lighter than the previous model and as for the other tools they feel like they are just built better. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
      The X3 set imo is great. I've had mine for a few months now and have really been impressed. Best thing to do is go ahead and try it out, if you like it keep it but if not you have 90 days to take it back for a full refund. I had the x2 set not the max select, but the X3 set blows the x2 out of the water. The hammer drill is so much lighter than the previous model and as for the other tools they feel like they are just built better. Hope that helps.

I would love to try them.... any ideas why they arent in my local (long island, New York) Home depots, or on their website?

Comment

I also wanted to know how the x3 compares to the 24v set in terms of power and battery life.

Comment

TreCool88...the new rochelle, ny HD has both the x3 and the 3pc 24v lithium ion sets on the floor in the tool area. x3 is listed for $499. the 3pc 24v is $299. good luck.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            TreCool88...the new rochelle, ny HD has both the x3 and the 3pc 24v lithium ion sets on the floor in the tool area. x3 is listed for $499. the 3pc 24v is $299. good luck.
            Looks like i'll be taking a trip to westchester, thanks man!

Comment

Anyone know why the x3 is no where to be found on home depot's web site or in some of their stores? It makes me a little wary of investing 500 bucks just so they can discontinue the liine on me again.

Comment

Part of the reason may be they are trying to get rid of stock on the R964 combo set. The R963 just came out in Dec 08 so I doubt it. I picked one up then and am very pleased with it.

Comment

i also had a little trouble tracking down an x3 kit. my local HD did not have it. they thought that it was because it is new yet. called another HD, they only have the new x3 kits (must have sold out all their old ones) so i bought one from them. very pleased so far. fabulous tools. a lot of nice features. i think you will be pleased.

Comment

Working...
                  X