X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 Blade Change.

Flying blind since my new TS2400 was delivered withiout an Owner'e Manual. Is there an easy way of locking the shaft so the arbor nut can be removed for blade changes? I'm aware that it's a reverse thread but initial efforts to loosen the nut seems difficult. Thanks for any help!

Re: TS2400 Blade Change.

Just found out that the arbor has convential thread. Easily removed blade retainer nut by using a scrap piece of wood against the blade. First saw I've had that didn't have a reverse thresd on the arbor.

Comment

that works, but you should have been provided with 2 tools for removing blades.

The open end fits behind the blade on the arbor and the closed end will fit the nut on the outside of the blade.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Live and learn. Was able to access the Operator's Manual on line and noted the 2 wrench operation. Have to chase down a second wrench since HD did not supply. Saw was assembled and out of the box. Looked like a brand new machine at a good price but found out it had been used. Probably a return. So far - deffective off/on switch/ missing wrench/ no owner's manual. Rigid will fix switch only if I drag the saw to a service center. Not as much of a bargin as I thought lol.

Comment

The arbor nut can be removed with a crescent wrench. You only need one skinny wrench for behind the blade.

Comment

Working...
          X