X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vs. customer service

Been trying to get an 18 volt 1/2" drill serviced. Traded emails with Ridgid and had a quick response with direction on how to get the problem resolved. I could drive 37 miles one way or 44 miles the other to a service center to drop off the tool.

Drove the 44 miles to the suggested service center only to find out that they are no longer in business and haven't been in business for two plus years.

Called Ridgid and spoke to Angie who told me that they have no way of knowing if a service provider is no longer a provider if they aren't told!!!!! Angie provided me with two new options...take the drill back to HD and let them send it in, or drive 58 miles to another service provider.

I did get a half hearted apology for the nearly two hours I wasted driving to the place that hasn't serviced their stuff for two years and is no longer in business. I'm sure that was also supposed to cover the fuel and wear and tear.

I called the service center and was told that yes they fix/repair the Ridgid tools, but..I would need to leave the tool, one battery AND the charger (making my other 4 tools basically useless)!! Then, it could take 4 to 6 weeks depending on their order schedule for Ridgid parts. I would also be required to leave a $20.00 deposit that I could get back if it was determined that the problem was covered by my LSA.

HD told me that they would send the drill in but it would take 4 to 6 weeks and that I was responsible for up to $55.00 if the repair wasn't covered before the company doing the repairs would have to let me know it wasn't covered.

This is not CUSTOMER SERVICE! This is nonsense. If I didn't like the tool so much I'd toss them all and go back to Makita. RIDGID, service is what makes the difference between a tool and a great ownership experience, AND a return customer!

Re: Service vs. customer service

Please PM me your contact information and I'll talk to our service lead. I apologize for the frustrating experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Baywash View Post
      Been trying to get an 18 volt 1/2" drill serviced. Traded emails with Ridgid and had a quick response with direction on how to get the problem resolved. I could drive 37 miles one way or 44 miles the other to a service center to drop off the tool.

Drove the 44 miles to the suggested service center only to find out that they are no longer in business and haven't been in business for two plus years.

Called Ridgid and spoke to Angie who told me that they have no way of knowing if a service provider is no longer a provider if they aren't told!!!!! Angie provided me with two new options...take the drill back to HD and let them send it in, or drive 58 miles to another service provider.

I did get a half hearted apology for the nearly two hours I wasted driving to the place that hasn't serviced their stuff for two years and is no longer in business. I'm sure that was also supposed to cover the fuel and wear and tear.

I called the service center and was told that yes they fix/repair the Ridgid tools, but..I would need to leave the tool, one battery AND the charger (making my other 4 tools basically useless)!! Then, it could take 4 to 6 weeks depending on their order schedule for Ridgid parts. I would also be required to leave a $20.00 deposit that I could get back if it was determined that the problem was covered by my LSA.

HD told me that they would send the drill in but it would take 4 to 6 weeks and that I was responsible for up to $55.00 if the repair wasn't covered before the company doing the repairs would have to let me know it wasn't covered.

This is not CUSTOMER SERVICE! This is nonsense. If I didn't like the tool so much I'd toss them all and go back to Makita. RIDGID, service is what makes the difference between a tool and a great ownership experience, AND a return customer!
      Time to get back on my soap box and preach the DeWalt service centers again. Drop a tool off, the fix it and if it is still within the 3 years, they fix it for free. You don't leave a deposit, other batteries or chargers. The fact that you had to leave all of that is a joke. If it was a respectable service center they would have already had those items.

Like many others have said, what good is it to have the LSA if they can't honor it in a good manner and in a decent amount of time? This is silly stuff.

Comment

Probrand,
        I tried to send two PM to you as you requested. There is no way for me to know if they got to you. If you have received them and don't plan a response, let me know at my email. If you have not, let me know how to get the information you have asked for to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Baywash View Post
          Probrand,
          I tried to send two PM to you as you requested. There is no way for me to know if they got to you. If you have received them and don't plan a response, let me know at my email. If you have not, let me know how to get the information you have asked for to you.
          Hey dude, click on pro bands name, a sub list will drop, then click view public profile. Then you can leave him a personal message. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
            Time to get back on my soap box and preach the DeWalt service centers again. Drop a tool off, the fix it and if it is still within the 3 years, they fix it for free. You don't leave a deposit, other batteries or chargers. The fact that you had to leave all of that is a joke. If it was a respectable service center they would have already had those items.

Like many others have said, what good is it to have the LSA if they can't honor it in a good manner and in a decent amount of time? This is silly stuff.
            Well be careful my friend, I did that and now I'm public enemy #1. Despite being complex, unreliable, disorganised, confusing (we have a cognitive dissonance here) - Ridgid's LSA "IS DA BOMB". Tools are the best hands down. Service is flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
              Well be careful my friend, I did that and now I'm public enemy #1. Despite being complex, unreliable, disorganised, confusing (we have a cognitive dissonance here) - Ridgid's LSA "IS DA BOMB". Tools are the best hands down. Service is flawless.
              Its not what you say but how you say it! Lurch is not offensive, most times you are! (excluding this post, of course!)

Comment

Working...
              X