X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makita 36V

Haven't had that problem with mine, but it's the newer version, so maybe they fixed problems.

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
    Dewalt didn't include chipping mode on 18v because it would have very short runtime. 28v and 36v both have chipping mode. I compared them and 36v has 3x runtime despite having only 35% higher battery energy. The motor in BHR240 is wasteful and torque limiter kicks in too early with anything above 5/8".

Comment

I think Makita is on to something if they attach a plug to the end of the adapter instead of a battery, I see no need to put your battery on your belt. I would pay a premium price for a cordless/corded hybrid. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

DeWalt used to have a corded adapter for their 24V tools. This was years ago, they are very hard to find now, if you can find them at all. Most of the 24V tools are discontinued anyway.

It's a cool idea and it looks like Makita might be bringing it back. THat's on the Japanese site though. Most tool makers introduce things in other countries that you'll never see here unless you order it from overseas.

If you ask DeWalt about this adapter, you'll probably get their canned corporate answer that they use for everything. It will go something like:

"we do not make a corded adapter for our tools (no really?!?). Our end user research (we don't actually talk to people that buy our tools) indicates that most users prefer the battery operated function only (everybody wants this function, but we don't listen to them, so please go away)"

Check out their Q & A and you'll see what I mean.

Originally posted by the_aerator View Post
        I think Makita is on to something if they attach a plug to the end of the adapter instead of a battery, I see no need to put your battery on your belt. I would pay a premium price for a cordless/corded hybrid. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Do any of you remember the Milwaukee 12 Volt line where they had a battery pack you wore on a tool belt and a short cord connecting it to the tool? The charger had a short cord to connect it to the battery. I remember seeing them in an old Milwaukee catalog but never got to see any in person. From what I remember it was a spill proof lead-acid battery. Years ago Black & Decker in their industrial tool line had several different Voltage DC power tools with power cords for connection to different batteries that you would sit on the ground-floor. The idea was serious performance and long run time, but you needed quite a battery similar to what we use for trolling motors on small fishing boats or for standby power systems.

I'm hoping someone might have some info on these tools.

Comment

I think I vaguely remember the drill you're talking about, Woussko. Was it a pistol grip style, similar to a corded drill?

Comment

Working...
            X