blade wrenches for ts3650/3660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade wrenches for ts3650/3660

From what I have read on the forum others out there have complaints about the blade/arbor wrenches that come with the ts3650 or ts3660 table saws. Their is a solution from ridgid even if they don't know it. Their new saw TS4511 has a good set of wrenches that come with it. they are the same size as the arbor and nut for the ts3650/3660.

I comfirmed this with tech. support at ridgid. the part numbers are:

089037005166 open end wrench

you do have to tell them that these parts numbers are for the ts4511.

hope this helps.

I have removed the info. for the closed end wrench. Tech support was wrong it is not correct size for blade nut. the open end wrench is correct and a perfect fit on the arbor flats without any slack. it is also twice as thick as the original and a much better wrench.
    Last edited by jb0038; 04-04-2009, 12:59 AM. Reason: info on closed in wrench is incorrect

Re: blade wrenches for ts3650/3660

Anyone have any pictures of the new ones? What makes them better?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      Anyone have any pictures of the new ones? What makes them better?
      Yeah, I wonder that too. Didnt really have any issues with the stock wrenches when I recently changed my blade.

Comment

Do we need to pay for the new wrenches or will they take the older model in trade ? I have not finished assembling mine yet...have not put the yellow thing in the switch for the moment of truth !

artie in miami

Comment

yes you do have to pay for the new wrenches.

Comment

geez.........the wrenches that come with it are just fine.

Quit over tightening your arbor nut and you'll quite messing up your wrenches.

Comment

Hey... I never said the crummy wrenches that come with the saw would not work. It has nothing to do with overtightning the arbor nut either. I had read on this forum complaints about the wrenches. I agree with them they are cheap and barely adaquite. I just came across an answer for the folks out there that were not happy with them and passed it on. If you are happy to use the old wrenches that is fine. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I was just trying to be helpful to the people out there that were looking for an alternative. Sorry!

Comment

no need to apologize.........nobody is upset.

But if the wrenches aren't good enough for you, you are probably overtightening the nut.

The rotation of the blade will keep the nut tight. All you have to do is snug it up a little bit.

Comment

I think that jb0038 knows like me that it would be nice to have quality wrenches to use. It's not just with the Ridgid table saws either.

There's a huge difference in stamped steel wrenches and good drop forged and tempered alloy steel wrenches with precision machined openings. I haven't seen any of the Ridgid included wrenches but have read where a good many forum members aren't happy with them.

Comment

How much do the replacement wrenches cost?

Comment

Working...
                    X