No announcement yet.

New "Improved" 3000 Pressure Washer!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New "Improved" 3000 Pressure Washer!!!

I'm thinking about buying the rd80701 and was wondering how noisy the engine is?

Comment

It's a gas-engine-powered pressure washer...they're all noisy. It's just a small measure of decibels between some types. This one is about the same as other modern ones - it's noisy, but not eardrum-bursting loud or anything like that.

Any heavy-use outdoor power equipment should really be used with earplugs anyways for longer uses.

Comment

It's a power tool. The higher the db rating, the higher the he-man factor. Poke a hole in the muffler and you'll become a campfire legend amongst manly men.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          It's a power tool. The higher the db rating, the higher the he-man factor. Poke a hole in the muffler and you'll become a campfire legend amongst manly men.
          So true....

Comment

Is someone able to answer a few questions? I keep getting conflicting info from Ridgid/forums, etc

RD80701

1) Is the CAT pump a 3GXT27 and does it hold 8.5 oz oil? Ridgid told me 16oz. How often do I change it, inititally then during use?

2) What size is the oil drain plug? 12 mm? I'd like to buy a Drainzit HON1012 for this or do I not really need one? Drain plug and hole in base don't line up real good.

3) How often, initially and during use, do I change the engine oil? 20oz, correct?

4) Any engine break in required?

I want to start using this but want to make sure I don't do anything stupid, thanks!
            Last edited by luddy; 06-12-2010, 10:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

1) 8.5 oz is correct.

2) I believe it is 12mm, but it's not rocket science to just take it out and measure it.

3) First oil change at 20 hours, then every 100 hours.

4) No break-in required aside from the initial 20 hr oil change.

I've just gotta ask... did your unit not come with manuals? All of the above info is at your disposal via the engine manual and the pressure washer's manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                1) 8.5 oz is correct.

2) I believe it is 12mm, but it's not rocket science to just take it out and measure it.

3) First oil change at 20 hours, then every 100 hours.

4) No break-in required aside from the initial 20 hr oil change.

I've just gotta ask... did your unit not come with manuals? All of the above info is at your disposal via the engine manual and the pressure washer's manual.
                Thanks for the info but only question #3 was in the manuals but that did not mention initial change. As for #2 I want to buy this if it will fit. I don't want to have to drain oil 2x, once to get answer and twice to put it in when I get it from Northern. I guess for #4 since there was no mention of it I could assume no but you know what happens when you do that.

Anyone know what the 2 black plastic parts are for that came in the plastic bag? One looks like part #48 and the other looks like a screw cap that you'd cut the end off to pour something with but not sure what for.
                EDIT: Where did you get an engine manual from? I got the pressure washer manual (14 pages) and a parts list for the CAT pump and that's it.
                Last edited by luddy; 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM. Reason: Question

Comment

"...looks like a screw cap that you'd cut the end off to pour something with..."
                  That's exactly what it's for. Cut the tip off, put it on the oil bottle, and you don't need a funnel anymore.

"One looks like part #48..."
                  It is part# 48. It goes on the end of the suction hose.

"Where did you get an engine manual from?"
                  http://robinamerica.com/media/manual...8551584055.pdf

Comment

Note: Subaru has told me the oil drain plug size is 14mm with 1.5 pitch.

Comment

I just bought the 3000psi washer with the CAT pump from homedepot.com. Can someone send me the manual for the CAT pump since the link below doen't work any more? Thanks.

Also,

The top of my CAT pump doesn't have a red cap on it. It has a black cap with a tube attached that isn't connected to anything else. From what I gather, it should just have the red cap with a vent hole. Anyone else seen this. I'm guessing this may be a cap/tube they use to fill the pump at the factory. Also, some of the pump oil came out of the pump during shipping since it wasn't sealed. Will this hurt anything? It doesn't appear to be a return since the manufacture date is mid december.

Originally posted by mcvitie70 View Post
                      I agree completely with all your comments. I also contacted Ridgid a couple of weeks ago and found them to be less than helpful. For such critical components, such as the pump and engine, to have no manual is not acceptable.

I did contact CAT as their website makes no mention of the pump model number on their website. They told me it is made specifically for Ridgid, but is very similar to the 3DNX27GSI

http://www.catpumps.com/pump-data-sh...search-pdf.cfm

Other than that, I like the power washer although I guess I have nothing to compare it to as it is my first one.

Comment

Working...
                      X