Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Improved" 3000 Pressure Washer!!!

Well here it is....... the new version of the 3000 pressure washer. Reading down I noticed they say "Ridgid pressure washers use only CAT pumps"........ except for the best one they offer that has the AR Triplex pump, unless they change that too. Later!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...egoryID=502376

Re: New "Improved" 3000 Pressure Washer!!!

wonder whats the difference between the 549 and 599 one? Not sure if i am going to get the 3000 or 3300. Nice to have the EX engine but the SP is just about the same, just different HP.

Comment

I also see they have two new 3300 psi models: RD80905 & 80702. $699 / $749, respectively.

I wonder what the difference, or correction, is between the old and new?

Comment

i bet it has to do with the state of california. for some reason models with certain emission standards have a higher price. On the websites they are the same model.

Comment

Usually California models vs. other state models have different exhaust systems or different carburetors.... or in some cases maybe it's just a matter of the cost to get them approved in that state.

Regarding which one to buy........ I think it depends on how much you intend to use the machine. Some people say buy the best you can possibly afford, but if you're sure you won't use it enough and it will just be used on a homeowner level then buying the cheaper unit will do just fine. I seriously doubt there's that much of a difference in power output between the two. Later!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
            Usually California models vs. other state models have different exhaust systems or different carburetors.... or in some cases maybe it's just a matter of the cost to get them approved in that state.

Regarding which one to buy........ I think it depends on how much you intend to use the machine. Some people say buy the best you can possibly afford, but if you're sure you won't use it enough and it will just be used on a homeowner level then buying the cheaper unit will do just fine. I seriously doubt there's that much of a difference in power output between the two. Later!

i just want it to last. I would hate for the SP to go out in 5 years if i use it all of 15-20 hrs a year.

Comment

I was told by Robin America today that the SP170 now has a 3 yr warrenty on it.

Comment

think you guy's in US are getting rip off from ridgid i payed 299 for my power washer that was a year a go they are now 399 cdn

Comment

I bought the new 3000 washer with the CAT pump and yes, the engine has a three year warranty on it. I've used the washer for about four hours now and am quite happy with it - but am very disappointed with the operator's manual and with support from Ridgid. I have three complaints:

(1). There is no mention in the manual about engine break-in or oil change schedule - none whatsoever, and no engine manual came with the washer. When I emailed Ridgid for advice, they just said "contact the engine manufacturer." Thanks for the help Ridgid, I bought it from YOU, not from Subaru.

(2). There is no mention in the manual about pump maintenance. Again, when I emailed Ridgid for advice, they just said "have it professionally serviced." Nothing about when, or what to look for. There's a sight glass with a dot in the middle of it, but nothing about how to use it. I downloaded the 3300 operator's manual and found advice to have that pump serviced every 200 hours - does that also apply to the pump on the 3000? Again, thanks a lot Ridgid - for nothing.

(3). The manual says to "remove the label from the pump or it can shorten pump life." A label can shorten pump life? How? No explination. I peel off the label and just before throwing it away notice that the label does say "Remove the label and plug or it can shorten pump life." Plug? What plug? The manual didn't say anything about a plug. The label is on top of a plastic cap or "plug," a little more than an inch across, did it mean that? Then I noticed a very small plastic plug, about 1/8th inch in diameter on top of the larger "plug." I pried it out with my fingernail and decided the label must mean that "plug." When I emailed Ridgid, they did confirm I removed the correct "plug." At least Ridgid answered one question I had. I just wonder how many people remove just the label like the manual says, and don't notice the label then adds "...and plug," and thus shorten their pump life.

Anyway, it looks like a good washer and meets my needs, just I'm disappointed with the manual and help from Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by tigertony View Post
                    think you guy's in US are getting rip off from ridgid i payed 299 for my power washer that was a year a go they are now 399 cdn
                    Tigertony, you probably bought last year's model, the one without the CAT pump. They raised the price a couple hundred for the new pump.

Comment

Originally posted by raycola View Post
                      Anyway, it looks like a good washer and meets my needs, just I'm disappointed with the manual and help from Ridgid.
                      I agree completely with all your comments. I also contacted Ridgid a couple of weeks ago and found them to be less than helpful. For such critical components, such as the pump and engine, to have no manual is not acceptable.

I did contact CAT as their website makes no mention of the pump model number on their website. They told me it is made specifically for Ridgid, but is very similar to the 3DNX27GSI

http://www.catpumps.com/pump-data-sh...search-pdf.cfm

Other than that, I like the power washer although I guess I have nothing to compare it to as it is my first one.

Comment

can someone post the model number of the cat pump on the new 3000 psi machine? I have last years models with the AR pump. When it goes, I plan to replace it with the new cat pump.

Comment

Model 3GXT27

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Den69RS96 View Post
                              can someone post the model number of the cat pump on the new 3000 psi machine? I have last years models with the AR pump. When it goes, I plan to replace it with the new cat pump.
                              As I said in my post, this is a pump made specifically for Ridgid by CAT - I don't believe you will be able to buy this exact model. In my earlier post, I specify the closest CAT equivalent from a CAT technician.

Comment

Working...
                              X