Debunking Ridgid Lith-ion Batteries ah specs and charging old wives tales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debunking Ridgid Lith-ion Batteries ah specs and charging old wives tales

Doing some research on Lith powered cordless 18v drills, I noted some other MFGers indicated as little as 1.3 ah, and I thought Ridgids smaller 130383001 Lith batteries were 1.5 ah, which was what I found to be the largest ah indicated for any MFGers version of these smaller 18v Lith batteries. Talking with the Rigid Tec; he mentioned the 130383001 was a 1.4 ah, which was something different from what I had originally heard. He also recommended the 130383-028 Lith battery..I was wondering what the difference was between the -001 and the -028? and what the real "ah's" are?

One more debunking Lith battery old wives-tale type of question, mentioned to me by a tool dept. associate at Home Depot. He indicated that the full potential of a batteries "ah" would not be achieved until the battery was charged a number of times (5 was the number put forward) Was he confusing a Ni-cad trait with the newer Lith-ion battery? Now I have read about how a cell phones battery charge potential is not fully achieved until after multipule charges have taken place. What do the experts say about this multipule recharge aspect, with respect to obtaining the full ah potential of a Lith-ion battery?

Thanks in advance. Gig
Working...
X